7. Start of Time

"What?" Barry says, his eyes flicking from Cisco back to me

"What?" Barry says, his eyes flicking from Cisco back to me. I take a step back, not sure what to say. I couldn't tell if they were putting all of the pieces together in their heads or if they were just confused. "What do you mean he said her name?"

Cisco extends his arm, pointing at me. "I know what I heard. Jay was standing there wearing Zoom's costume, and just after he removed his mask, he mumbled something but all I could catch was Raven and Silver Trickster."

I gulp, ready to run if I needed to. I decided to stick around and wait for this play out; I could still be on the inside if I played the right cards here. Barry steps in front of me then, his eyes locked with mine. "What is he talking about, Raven?"

I open my mouth, the words taking a second to form in my mouth. "Barry, I'm just as confused as you. I didn't even think he knew my name."

Barry narrows his eyes, starting to let up a little. "You don't know what Silver Trickster means either?"

I shake my head. "No, I mean...that was the name of someone back on my earth, but no one knew really anything about her. She was too fast to get a photo of. Maybe Zoom—I mean Jay, is working with her? I really don't know, Barry."

Wells steps in then. "She's right, Barry. Silver Trickster's a villain back on my earth; she's just as mysterious as Zoom himself."

Barry's eyes don't leave mine; finally clearing. They were still angry, but no longer directed towards me. It was at Jay. "I just don't understand why he would say your name, Raven. I'm sorry...I just can't trust anyone without being betrayed."

Suddenly, I actually felt bad, and I hated it. "I'm sorry, Barry."

He starts to walk away then, throwing his hand in the air at us. "I just...I need some time."

And then he was gone.

It wasn't until then I realized Caitlin was crying, presumably because of her "boyfriend" being Zoom. I wanted so badly to scream at her that none of that was real and that it didn't matter, but she already knew that. Crying wouldn't help. Crying makes you look weak and pathetic.

After a few seconds of everyone standing in silence, they all started to leave one by one. Iris and Joe left first, then Caitlin, then Cisco, and then Wells, until it was just me standing there. Standing there made me realize that I just had avoided almost being caught, but it didn't feel like a win.

Why did I feel bad about it?

-*+*-

13 years ago

Sitting there at the table, staring at the food on my plate, made me realize that I really hated spaghetti.

Either I ate it too much back at home, I wasn't hungry right now, or I was excited yet nervous at what Jay had told me before running away. Just after he gave me my dinner for the night, he told me to eat up fast and that he'd be back for a surprise. I wanted to know what it was, but I couldn't stomach looking at this spaghetti right now. It didn't look appetizing.