Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Sam

I woke up to the sound of my wolf's voice.

Sam, wake up! My wolf tells me.

I open my eyes to see three wolves looking at me cautiously. I stood up slowly because of the bruises, and to let them know that I mean them no harm. Once I'm on all fours, I show them my neck as a sign of submission. The wolves look at each other as if communicating when I heard a man's voice.

"Shift," a strong voice commands me from the side. I turn my head to the direction of the voice to see a 6'2 foot tall man towering over my form. I whimper and go behind a tree to change back into my human form. Since I don't have anything to wear, I return to my original spot and immediately crouch down to prevent them from seeing my body and my scars.

I look at the man and analyzed him. He has gray eyes glaring at me, his expression fierce, he has chiseled jaw, crooked nose as if it has been broken many times already, a slightly tan skin, muscular figure, and untamed chestnut-brown hair. He has an authoritative aura enough for a beta, but not an alpha.

"What are you doing in our land rogue?" the beta asks me harshly.

"I-I ran away fr-from my pack," I stuttered out.

"And why did you run away?" the beta asks, a little less harshly this time, but still glaring right at me. He looks skeptical and unsure like he doesn't know whether to believe me or not.

I looked down and didn't answer. I don't want to remember the memories of the beatings, teasing, and all the other things they did to me, so I just closed my eyes and whimpered.

"Here, wear this." I looked up as the beta gave me a shirt to wear, long enough to cover me.

I saw the beta's eyes glaze over and immediately knew that he was mind-linking.

"Come with me. The alpha ordered me to take you to the cell where we keep the rogues who trespass our land," the beta told me.

I stood up and followed him with the wolves following us behind, making sure I don't run away. We arrived at a big house, the packhouse, I assume. We went inside through a door leading to a secret basement. We passed the guards guarding the place, and the beta nodded at them as a sign of greeting.

The beta stopped in front of a cell at the very end of the long hallway and told me to step inside. Once I was in, he locked the cell.

"This is where you will be staying while waiting for the alpha and don't try to escape because it won't work. Just try to keep calm and answer every question the alpha asks you, got it?" the beta told me.

"G-got it" I replied.

"Good. I'm Liam, what's your name?" Liam asks me giving me a small smile.

"My name is Samantha, but you can call me Sam," I replied.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Sam. I'll see you later," Liam said before leaving me in the cell alone.

I sat down at the corner of my cell and just sat there, feeling anxious at the thought of meeting the alpha. I rested my head on my knees and tried to relax while waiting for the person who will decide my fate.

___________________________________________________________________