Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Sam

I went to my and Xander's room and laid on the bed, thinking about all the things that happened to me. Me being abused by my old pack just a few days ago, running away, being chased down, and finding my mate. As I was thinking about all those things, a sudden thought hit me.

'What if my old pack comes looking for me? What would happen if my old alpha decided to attack Xander's pack because I'm here? What if people gets hurt? What if Xander gets hurt?' I shivered at the thought of people dying and Xander getting hurt because of me. I don't want that to happen, I have to keep running for Xander and his pack's safety. I can't let my old pack attack Xander's pack. I have to get out of here before they come looking for me.

I stood up from the bed and started thinking of a way to get out of Xander's territory without getting caught. I don't want to keep running, but if it meant keeping Xander and his pack safe, then I'll do it. I heard my wolf whimper at the thought of leaving Xander.

'I don't want to leave our mate,' my wolf whined.

'I don't want to leave him either but we must leave to make sure that Xander and his pack doesn't get attacked.' My wolf stayed silent after that.

I saw a sliding door in Xander's room that leads to a balcony. I looked down to see how high I am from the ground and saw that it's not that high, and that if I shifted before I land on the ground, then my wolf can prevent us from getting injured.

Speaking of my wolf, my wolf was starting to feel restless because she wanted to run more. The longest period of time that I was able to run was yesterday, when I was running away from the wolves from my old pack. I went downstairs to see Liam and Blake playing a video game. I let my presence known making the boys look up from their game to look at me. I gave them a small wave and a smile before saying

"I wa-was wondering if I could go for a ru-run? My wolf was feeling restless and wanted to go out for a bit," I explained.

Liam and Blake looked at each other before Liam's eyes glazed over, probably mind linking Xander and letting him know that I wanted to go for a run.

After a few minutes Liam looked at me, grinning before saying,

"The alpha said that you could go for a run, but Blake and I have to come with you for your safety," Liam said.

"Sure," I replied.

Blake turned off their game and went out the front door with me and Liam following behind. I went behind a tree before stripping down to my under garments, making sure that nobody could see my scars.

I closed my eyes and focused on shifting into my gray wolf. Feeling a familiar shift in my bones, and rearranging themselves into my wolf form. I opened my eyes to see paws instead of feet. My wolf let out a howl of excitement before running into the forest, sensing Blake and Liam following behind us.

My wolf is slightly bigger than a normal she-wolf because my father was the third in command back in my old pack. My fur is gray with a white swirl by the tip of my left ear, but other than that, my whole body is covered in gray fur.

My wolf continued to run before she found a small stream by the edge of the forest. I don't know where Blake and Liam went, my wolf must have lost them while she was running. My wolf went near the stream and drank some water, feeling a bit tired from running.

As my wolf was drinking some water, she suddenly stiffened before looking at the left side of the forest, growling threateningly before three wolves appeared out of the shadows.

The wolves in front of us were much bigger, seeing as they were male wolves. They're probably a lot stronger than us too. The wolves in front of us continued to growl while advancing towards us slowly.

My wolf continued to growl threateningly at the male wolves, slowly backing into the forest. I was getting worried because I know that my wolf will lose if it comes to a fight. Not that I don't have faith in her, but three against one is bad and we were never allowed to train back in our old pack.

I was wondering where Liam and Blake went. Weren't they supposed to guard us? Where are they now that we need them? My train of thought was cut off when suddenly the wolf in the middle lunged at us. My wolf slid to the right to avoid the advancing wolf. The wolf skidded past us and slammed into a tree. It got back up and shook its head before turning our way.

Just as it was about to attack again, two big wolves attacked him from the side, digging their claws into the rogue's stomach making it bleed. The two male wolves who were with the rogue turned back into the forest and ran away.

I recognized Blake and Liam's scent when they attacked the rogue wolf, making me feel more relieved. Blake's wolf is a russet colored wolf and Liam's wolf is covered in muddy-brown fur, and they were a lot bigger than my wolf. Liam ran after the two rogues and Blake's wolf went in front of my wolf and bowed its head.

I smelled the familiar scent of my mate before I was tackled to the ground by Xander's wolf. His wolf was licking me and rubbing himself on me, trying to reassure himself that my wolf and I were safe. Xander's wolf is covered in dark gray fur and was much bigger than Blake and Liam's wolf, almost half the size of a horse.

Xander's wolf turned to Blake before I heard the cracking of his bones, shifting back to his human form. I averted my eyes knowing that he won't have any clothes once he's in his human form.

Xander looked at Blake's wolf, probably communicating using mind link. I heard a sound by the bushes before Liam's wolf appeared. He bowed his head to Xander before going behind a tree and shifting back to his human form.

Liam stood next to Blake's wolf in a pair of basketball shorts. Xander turned his gaze towards Liam before nodding and shifting back in his wolf form.

Xander went to my side and nodded towards the forest letting us know that he wanted to go back to our house. He ran off to the forest with my wolf following behind. We ran back to our house in silence.

_______________________________________________________________________