Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Sam

I woke up with a warm arm wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes and saw Xander sleeping peacefully behind me with his arms wrapped protectively around me, making me feel safe and secured.

I studied his face and saw how peaceful he looks. His normally emotionless face looks calm. Like he has no problems in the world, but I know that that's too good to be true.

I tried to get out of his hold without waking him up. Keyword: tried. As soon as I was about an inch away from him, his hold on me tightened before he pulled me back into his warm embrace. He buried his face in my hair, taking a sniff before his breathing started to become even again, and his snoring filled the room.

I waited for a few minutes to make sure that he's asleep before attempting to get out of his hold again. I sighed in relief when my attempt became successful. I put my arms in the air and stretched before going to the bathroom.

I did my normal routine and took a shower. As soon as I was done, I wrapped a fluffy towel around my body before exiting the bathroom. As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I noticed Xander looking for me in his sleep. He must have noticed that I wasn't beside him anymore.

I heard him whine in his sleep making my heart melt. I went to the bed and put my pillow beside him so that my scent would calm him down. He stopped shuffling in his sleep before hugging my pillow to his chest. I smiled at the sight. He looked adorable, like a little kid looking for his mother.

I went into the walk-in-closet and chose some of Xander's clothes to wear.

'I really need to go get some clothes of my own. I can't keep wearing Xander's clothes forever.' I thought about making my wolf scoff.

'You just realized that? Wow.' My wolf said sarcastically. I ignored her remark and got out of the walk-in-closet with the towel wrapped around my head to dry my hair.

I unwrapped the towel and put it in the bathroom before combing my hair. I looked at Xander, who was still sleeping, to see him hugging the life out of my pillow. His brows furrowed and a small frown painted on his face.

I frowned and walked over to his sleeping form. I put my hand on his bicep making him lean against my touch. He pushed my pillow off the bed before pulling me to his chest and taking me by surprise. He buried his nose in my hair and sighed. He has an iron grip on my waist, making it impossible for me to escape.

I placed my hand on his cheek and called his name to wake him up.

"Xander," I said in hopes of waking him up.

He didn't respond and instead leaned even more to my touch. I poked his cheek and his eyes shot open. He looked at me, relief filled his eyes before hugging me to his chest, as if he was afraid of letting me go.

"Xander, are you okay?" I asked him softly, feeling worried about my Alpha mate.

He didn't respond. He just hugged me closer to his chest.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry." Xander replied in a reassuring tone, in an attempt to ease my worry for him, I assume. I frowned.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? We're mates." I told him.

"It's nothing, don't worry." He said before giving me a peck on the forehead and getting up from the bed and into the bathroom.

I sat up on the bed and looked at the closed bathroom door feeling confused. Okay then. If he's not going to tell me then that's fine. I respect his decision.