Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Sam

We stopped in front of his parents' house. Xander glanced at me, giving me a smile before knocking on the door. We waited for a few seconds before the door opened to reveal a woman that has the same features as Xander. She smiled as soon as her gaze landed on Xander, and pulled him into a hug.

"It's good to see you, Xander." The woman said, still hugging Xander tightly.

Xander returned the hug and buried his nose in the woman's neck, inhaling her scent. I saw him visibly relax. My wolf growled at the woman mentally, wanting to get our mate away from the woman.

Xander must have felt my wolf because he pulled away from the woman and came over to our side before wrapping an arm around my waist and nuzzling the side of my neck. The woman's gaze fell on me and her smile became brighter.

"Hello! You must be the girl that Xander talks about all the time," the woman said. I felt Xander tense at the mention of him talking about me all the time before burying his face in my hair. I smiled at Xander's action and leaned against him.

"I guess? I didn't know that Xander talks about me all the time, I hope they're all good things," I told her.

"Oh trust me, he sounds like a schoolgirl talking about her crush whenever he mentions you to us," the woman said, chuckling.

A light and playful growl escaped Xander's throat.

"That's enough, Stella," Xander said, his face still buried in my hair.

"Oh! How rude of me. My name is Stella and I'm Xander's younger sister." Stella said. II smiled at her before introducing myself as well, as Xander's mate.

"It must be hard being his mate, isn't it? Having to be possessive with you all the time?" She said playfully.

I shrugged. "It's not that hard once you got used to his possessiveness and being protective all the time," I told her.

The woman, Stella, laughed before stepping inside and gesturing for us to follow her. I stepped away from Xander's hold, but he clung on to me not wanting to let go.

We walked together inside the house. The floor was made out of polished wood with different types of browns, a white fireplace in the middle of the room, a white couch with cushions, a brown coffee table in front of the couch, and a brown armchair on the side. Overall, the house has a homey feeling to it.

"I'll call mom and dad. Make yourself at home, Sam." She said before going up the stairs to find her parents.

I looked around and saw some family pictures of Xander, his parents, and a young picture of Stella. Xander was grinning widely at the camera and he looked carefree, unlike now where he has to worry about wars and the safety of his pack.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned and saw a woman who looked exactly like Stella, except for the eyes because their mother has forest green eyes. I looked at the man who was standing beside their mother. He has the same striking features as Xander with their blue eyes, sharp jawline, crooked nose, and that intimidating aura that only an Alpha can possess.

I looked at his eyes and immediately regretted it as he was glaring at me as if I murdered one of his pack members. I flinched and went closer to Xander who was standing right beside me.

The woman, Xander's mom, came forward and engulfed me in a hug. I froze and held my breath for a few seconds before slowly letting myself hug her back. I'm not used to being shown affections, especially by a mother since mine died when I was seven.