Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Sam

A shiver runs down my spine as soon as they said that word. I looked around frantically, trying to find the rogues. 'Weren't there patrols guarding the boarders of the pack? What happened to them? I hope they're okay.' I thought internally, feeling worried for the patrols guarding the perimeter of the pack.

I noticed the three figures in front of me tense up before their eyes focus in more closely to the trees. Five figures suddenly appeared out of the woods. Two girls and three male wolves.

I noticed Liam suddenly stiffen before focusing on the brunettes girl beside the lean male wolf who's looking around for something, or someone. The girl looks like she doesn't want to be here. She looks uncomfortable around the unknown people in the unknown territory. Liam sniffed in her direction before muttering 'Mine' in a quiet voice.

The girl must have felt his gaze on her because she turned her head in Liam's direction before staring at him with a happy expression. The guy beside the girl shook her shoulders, snapping her attention back to the group.

The guy in the middle sniffed the air and focused his gaze on me before whispering something to the group of wolves behind him, too low for us to hear from where we're standing. I felt uncomfortable knowing that they're talking about me and I can't do anything to make them stop.

"You're trespassing in our land," Blake said in a strong and fierce voice, narrowing his eyes at the group of rogues in front of us. I saw Scott's eyes glaze over, letting me know that he's mind-linking someone, probably Xander.

"We noticed." The blonde haired girl on the left said.

"What are you doing in our land?" Liam asked, looking away from the girl that he claimed as his a few minutes ago, and focusing on the guy in the middle instead.

"Nothing that concerns you, I just need to speak to the girl that you're hiding behind you." The guy in the middle answered, making me panic because of the memories from my old pack, and making the pack members, who were watching the confrontation with a cautious expression on their faces, and the guys in front of me to emit a growl from deep within their chests.

I shrunk back, feeling anxious at what's about to happen if Xander doesn't arrive soon. As soon as I thought of that, a black Lamborghini stopped on the side of the road before the door opened to reveal Xander looking furious. He marched right up to me with at least ten men from our pack before holding me against his chest, sniffing my hair and the crook of my neck to calm his wolf down. I stayed still, knowing that if I try to push him away it will only cause his wolf to shift, and we can't risk that when there are humans in the area.

Xander lifted his face from my neck and glared right at the group of rogues, making some of them flinch.

"Lock them in the cellars and don't let them out," Xander said, still looking furious.

I saw Xander's eyes glaze over before looking in Liam's direction. He stared at him, before nodding.

"Put everyone in the cells except for the girl with brown hair," Xander commanded the men who were holding the group of rogues to make sure they don't get away. A guy released his hold on the brunette haired girl, making her stumble slightly. Liam sent a warning growl towards the guy, making him show his neck in submission. Liam walked towards the girl before holding her to his chest, sniffing her hair.

Xander dragged me into his car, still looking furious before setting me on the passenger's seat. He went to the driver's side and started to drive to the direction of the packhouse, his eyes never leaving the road in front of him. I hesitantly placed a hand on his arm, making him freeze before leaning into my touch. I felt his tense muscles relax, letting me know that he's starting to calm down.

We arrived at the packhouse in less than ten minutes because of his fast driving. We got out of the car, him by my side before we entered the packhouse to see nobody in except for the rogues, the men holding them, and Scott and Blake, Liam nowhere in sight.

Xander walked up to the group of rogues, standing about three feet away from them. His face held a tinge of disgust for them.

"What are you doing in my land rogue?" Xander spat, his voice holding disgust at the rogues in front oh him. The guy in the middle answered.

"Nothing that concerns you, I just need to talk to her," the rogue said, pointing right at me. Xander and the pack members growled, their eyes starting to glow dangerously, their wolves starting to let their selves known for threatening their Alpha's mate. Xander growled the loudest, shaking the whole house and making my ears ring. Me, along with the guys holding the rogues, some of the rogues, Blake, and Scott, showed him our necks as a sign of submission. Xander leaned down to plant a kiss on my neck, making me shiver and my face to heat up.

Xander directed his gaze back to the guy in front of him, who I noticed has moved back slightly from Xander.

"You will do no such thing! Now, tell me why you're here before I cut off your heads with my own teeth and claws," Xander said with a vicious edge in his tone that also holds a promise in them.

The rogue in front of him flinched away from Xander before looking at his group who's cowering behind him. They all nodded at him before the rogue spoke again.

"A pack hired us to find a she-wolf who ran away from them. The Alpha told us that he'll give us ten thousand each and leave us alone if we're successful. He showed us a picture and gave us one of her clothes to help us find her. We stumbled across your pack and decided to look to see if we could find the she-wolf here. Turns out she was hiding in your pack and that she's your mate." The rogue told him, a slightly scared tone in his voice.

"Which pack was it?" Xander asked in a calm voice, but we all know that that's the 'calm before the storm.'

"We don't know, we didn't bother to ask," The rogue replied honestly. Xander studied each one of them for a few moments before nodding. He looked at Blake and Scott before speaking.

"Get them twenty-five miles away from my territory and make sure that there aren't any more rogues roaming around my territory. Mind-link me if you find any trouble. Take a few guys with you." Xander said before turning around with me following behind him.

"Wait! We need to know what happened to Adriana," The rogue said in a pleading voice.

Xander turned back around to face them.

"Your friend is fine. She's the mate of my Beta, she'll be fine. Now go, before I change my mind about letting you go." Xander said in a dismissive tone. We made our way out of the packhouse and into the car. Xander started driving in the direction of his house.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? They didn't touch you, did they? If they did I'm going to hunt them one by one and kill them in the most painful way possible." Xander said in a worried tone, growling out the last part.

I looked at him and gave him a small smile despite the shaky feeling inside me from the confrontation that happened today.

"I'm fine Xander, don't worry," I said.

He looked at my face and my whole body to make sure that I'm not hurt in any way before nodding to himself and focusing his attention back on the road.

__________________________________________________________________