Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Sam

We arrived at the house in ten minutes with how fast Xander was walking. He slammed the door of the house open and made his way inside. I followed after him, feeling scared of what's about to happen.

I made my way to the couch and sat down, with Xander pacing back and forth with his finger under his chin. He looked at me and sent me a small glare that causes shivers to run down my spine.

Liam and Adriana stood behind the couch. Liam had his arms wrapped around Adriana's waist in a protective manner, and her leaning against him. I looked away, feeling like I've just invaded a moment between those two, even though Liam has a blank look on his face and Adriana looking anywhere but him.

Xander's voice made my attention snap back to him.

"Samantha," he said in an icy tone.

I flinched and looked away, feeling his gaze on me.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered. My heart was hammering against my chest and my palms started to get sweaty.

He didn't answer me. He had a disappointed look on his face.

"Whose idea was it to leave the house without asking my permission?" he asked in a calm and knowing tone, glancing at Adriana.

I didn't answer and neither did Adriana. You could practically hear a pin drop from how tense and quiet the air around us.

"I believe I asked you a question, and I expect an answer. Now, whose idea was it to leave the house without asking for my permission?" he asked again, looking slightly impatient this time. I opened my mouth to take the blame, but no sound came out.

"I-it was m-my idea," I heard Adriana's voice answer from behind me. Xander's gaze snapped in her direction. His eyes narrowed and he took a threatening step in her direction. I saw Liam's hold on Adriana tighten from my peripheral vision.

"Adriana," Xander said in an emotionless tone.

"Y-yes, Alpha?" Adriana asked in a tiny voice.

"Why did you take my mate out for a run without asking for my permission?" he asked calmly.

I heard Adriana whimper slightly.

"U-uh, we wanted to let our wolves out because they were starting to get restless," Adriana answered.

I saw Xander looking at Adriana with analyzing eyes, before nodding. A blank was still on his face making it hard for me to decipher his emotions. He looked at Liam, Adriana, and Blake, who was standing a foot away from Liam, before speaking.

"You're dismissed. I will see you tomorrow to continue the planning." Xander said in a dismissive tone before focusing his eyes on me.

"Samantha, I want you to follow me upstairs," he said before making his way up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I got up from the couch with wobbly legs before making my way up the stairs, feeling everyone's gaze on my back. I glanced at Adriana to see her looking at me apologetically. I gave her a small smile before continuing up the stairs.

I entered the bedroom and saw Xander sitting on the bed staring blankly at the wall. I closed the door behind me and made my way to his side, taking slow and careful steps to not irritate the wound on my stomach.

"Xander?" I said in a careful tone.

His head snapped up to meet my gaze. He looked at me and I saw the worry, anger, frustrations, and other emotions in his eyes. He stood up from the bed and scooped me up in his arms before stuffing his face in the crook of my neck and inhaling my scent.

"Sam," he said in a worried tone. He pushed me away gently and looked into my eyes.

"You have no idea how worried I have been. Why would you go out for a run with Adriana without asking me first? And why didn't you mind-link me as soon as you saw the rogues?" He rushed out before pulling me into his arms once again.

I melted in his warm embrace. I can feel the emotions that he's feeling right now through the bond. His hold on me got tighter making me wince slightly because of my wound. His hold on me loosened immediately and backed away. He gave me an apologetic look. His eyebrows furrowed in worry and his face had a frown on it.

"I'm really sorry for not asking you first Xander, but my wolf wanted to be let out. I didn't contact you when I sensed the rogues because I didn't want to distract you from planning for the upcoming war. I'm really sorry Xander," I told him with my gaze on the floor. I heard his footsteps coming closer before his arms engulfed me in a warm embrace once again, this time avoiding the wound on my stomach.

"It's fine. Just promise me that you'll ask me first before going out for a run, okay?" Xander said before kissing the tip of my nose, and making me blush.

"Stay here. I'm going to prepare you a bath, okay?" he said before walking in the bathroom.

I laid on the bed and let out a sigh of relief. I closed my eyes and waited for Xander. A few moments later, I felt Xander gently shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with loving eyes.

"Come on sleepy head, let's get you into the bath," he said before carrying me to the bathroom.

I leaned against his strong arms and snuggled myself closer in a comfortable position. I heard him chuckle before I felt him setting me down on my feet. I opened my eyes and saw him taking off his shirt and his pants making me blush. I looked away and tried to hide my red face.

I felt him pulling the big shirt over my head before the cool air hit my body, making me shiver. Xander wrapped his arms around me to warm me up. He goes into the bathtub with me in his arms and sat down, setting me on his lap.

I moved away slightly trying not to disturb his friend, but that didn't seem to work when Xander pulled me closer to him. He started nibbling on my neck making me let out a moan and my wolf to howl loudly in the back of my mind.

"Xander, we can't. My wound, remember?" I reminded him. He pulled away and gave me a pout.

"Oh, right. Sorry," he said dejectedly.

I giggled and gave him a peck on the lips making him smile again. I suddenly felt drained from what I did today. I yawned and quickly washed. I got out of the tub and wrapped my body in a towel before going into the walk-in-closet and grabbing some of Xander's clothes.

I made my way over to the bed and laid down while waiting for Xander. He came out of the bathroom and made his way to the walk-in closet. After a few minutes, he came out wearing a gray shirt and some sweatpants. He turned off the lights and made his way beside me. He gave me a kiss on the lips and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Good night, my little mate." He said softly.

I smiled.

"Good night, Xander."

_________________________________________________________________