Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Sam

As soon as the door closed behind me, I slid down the door and put my head on my hands, trying to think of a way to escape now that I've been marked.

'What am I going to do now? Escaping is almost impossible now because of the mate bond. Xander, why did you have to do it?' I thought, groaning mentally.

I raised my head from my hands and stood up. I stripped down to nothing before getting in the shower. I let the water run down my body and closed my eyes, sighing. It feels good to shower again. Back in my old pack, they didn't let me use the shower in the packhouse, so I had to go to the lake that was about three miles away from the packhouse to take a bath.

I opened my eyes and looked at the scars that were on my body. Big and ugly scars that cover my whole body, but the biggest scar is the one on my back, caused by my own brothers. I feel my eyes watering, remembering the time that my own brothers, my own flesh and blood, gave me that scar. I thought brothers were supposed to love and protect you, but why did my brothers hurt me?

I grabbed the shampoo bottle and poured some on my palm, putting it on my hair and scrubbing it to get rid of the dirt and greasy feel on my hair.

*-*-*-*

After a few minutes, I finished showering. I grabbed a towel and dried myself off before wrapping it around my body. I grabbed another towel and dried my hair off. I opened the door of the bathroom and looked around the bedroom to make sure that Xander isn't inside before getting out of the bathroom and heading inside his walk-in-closet. I tried to find some clothes that will fit me but Xander is like ten times bigger than me, so I have no choice but to wear one of his humongous shirts.

But wearing a humongous shirt is also a good thing because it helped me cover most of the scars on my stomach, the big scar on my back, and thighs. I grabbed one of his sweatpants and put it on before going out of the closet.

Since I didn't have a comb, I used my hands to comb my wet hair. I went out of the bedroom and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. I saw Xander sitting in the living room watching the news with a cup of coffee in his hands.

He turned to look at me when he heard me walking down the stairs. I felt my heart jump in fear when I saw his cold and expressionless face looking at me, and that's when I remembered that I ran away from him while he was asleep two days ago. I gulped, feeling my heart drop to my stomach. I gave him a nervous smile before continuing my way to the kitchen.

"Sam." I froze when I heard Xander's voice right behind me, a shiver running down my spine. I turned around slowly to find him staring down at me, his arms crossed and his face void of any emotion, his eyes cold and expressionless.

"Y-yes?" I stammered in a small voice, feeling afraid of what he's going to do to me.

Xander stared at me, hard and cold before speaking.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was with you running away like that? Do you know how much you worried the pack?" he asked, his voice raising a little by the end of his question.

I bowed my head, feeling guilty for worrying him and the pack. I didn't mean to worry them in any way, I only ran away for their own protection.

"I-I'm so-sorry, I only ra-ran away for your and your packs' safety," I told him in a quiet voice, still looking at the ground.

"Protection? Protection! Why would we need protection? What for?! If you were worried that something would happen then you could have just told me instead of running away." Xander said with hurt and anger lacing his voice.

I looked at him and saw the worry, hurt, and anger on his face. I winced from the expressions on his face, feeling guilty even more.

"If I told you then you would have stormed over to my old pack for all the things that they did to me!" I said before covering my mouth, feeling extremely nervous and scared for what Xander is capable of doing. I hadn't meant to let that slip. I cowered away from him when he gave me a glare and a growl that shook the windows.

"What do you mean, Sam? What did they do to you?" Xander asked calmly, his expression calm and collected. But I know that he was far from feeling calm.

"No-Nothing, don't wo-worry about it," I told him in a shaky voice.

"Sam, do not make me repeat again. What did they do to you?" Xander asked again in a deep, 'calm' voice.

"They . . . They a-abused m-me," I said in a tiny voice. I watched as Xander's eyes turn pitch black, a loud and powerful growl escaping from his throat, shaking the whole house. I whimpered in fear and backed away from him and trying to get away. He turned his gaze on me making me flinch. His hard and angry gaze reminding me of my old alpha, making me cower in fear even more.

I saw Xander's eyes soften a little before they turned hard again.

"Tell me everything," Xander commanded. I nodded and told him my story starting from my parents' death, the abuse for ten years, my brothers, and all the things that I endured for ten whole years of abuse from my old pack.

As I was telling him my story, I felt all the sadness, hurt, and anger that I had stored up inside me start to surface, causing me tears to start building up in my eyes. But I held them back. I don't want to cry anymore, I've shed enough tears already during the long years of abuse.

At the end of my story, he started shaking in anger and he looked like he was about to shift. I backed away from him so I don't get hurt in case he does shift. His eyes are still pitch black, letting me know that he's about to lose control of his wolf.

I saw his eyes glaze over before he shifted into his humongous wolf and running out of the house, breaking the door in the process. Not even a minute after he ran out of the house, I smelled Blake and Liam's scent along with a few other unfamiliar scents. I turned to the door to see Blake and Liam along with a few other men entering the house.

I gave them a shaky smile and a wave as a sign of greeting, with them smiling and waving back, before heading to the kitchen to cook some breakfast.

'I hope you don't storm to my old pack, Xander. I don't want anyone to die,' I thought to myself before continuing to make breakfast.

___________________________________________________________________