Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Sam

I heard someone's voice shouting at someone making me groan at the volume. I turned my head to the side and slowly opened my eyes. Once the blurriness went away, I looked at my surroundings and saw a man in a doctor's outfit with Xander looming over him.

"Sam! You're awake," Xander said in a relieved tone before rushing over to my side.

I can feel a pounding in my head making me wince in pain. I saw Xander frown before placing kisses on my face and enveloping me in his warm embrace.

"Leave." I heard Xander order the doctor.

I heard the door closing gently letting me know that the doctor has left us alone.

"Sam, you have no idea how worried the pack and I had been. What happened? Are you okay? I swear I will hunt down those f*ckers and torture them until they beg for their own death." Xander said in a menacing tone.

His eyes turning a golden color and his canines starting to show. I grabbed his hand and held it close to my face in an attempt to calm him down before he shifts and hunt down my "brothers."

"Xander, please calm down," I told him weakly.

I feel drained, hurt, broken, and angry. I don't know what to feel anymore. I tried to be strong and forget about my horrible past, but they all just keep coming back to haunt me. Never giving me a chance to be happy.

I saw Xander's eyes soften. The angry look in his eyes was replaced with worry before he got on the bed and laid down beside me. I leaned my head on his chest and let out a sigh of content.

"Rest, my love. I will be here when you wake up." I heard Xander's voice say before sleep consumed me once more.

*-*-*-*

I woke up to the sound of hushed voices speaking to one another. I opened my eyes and saw Xander talking to Adriana with a fierce glare on his face.

"This is all your fault!" Xander said in a hushed tone.

Adriana looked at the ground to avoid Xander's glare that was directed at her, but I could see a small smile on her face. She quickly replaced it with a scared expression, probably thinking that no one saw her.

"How is it exactly my fault, Alpha? I told Sam that I needed to use the restroom. She should have called for help when she felt another person's presence behind her." Adriana said defensively.

I heard Xander growling lowly at Adriana. I quickly tried to get up to prevent him from hurting her but I was stopped by a massive headache hitting me. I groaned in pain, grabbing their attention.

"Sam!" Adriana exclaimed in a relieved tone before rushing over to my side and helping me sit up.

Xander soon followed and hugged me to his chest. I didn't see it, but I could practically feel the wave of annoyance that was radiating off of Xander.

"Do you need anything?" Xander asked softly, kissing the top of my head.

I shook my head but that only caused me more pain.

"No," I said weakly.

"Adriana, leave us alone," Xander said in a commanding voice.

Adriana looked like she was about to protest but stopped herself from doing so and left the room instead.

Silence fell over us. I leaned my head against Xander and enjoyed the feeling of being held by my mate. I suddenly remembered about my wolf and the wolves bane that Tyler injected into my system.

"Xander," I said while looking up at him.

"Yes?" He asked.

"What happened to my wolf? Is she okay? What about the wolves bane that was in my system?" I asked him in a rush. I don't know what I'll do without my wolf. She's been there for me throughout my entire life. Without my wolf, I'll be nothing but a lost girl trying to find happiness and peace in her life.

"The doctor was able to remove all the wolves bane that was in your system. Your wolf is still recovering, but other than that she's okay." Xander said in a reassuring tone.

It feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders as soon as I heard those words. I hid my face in Xander's chest and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you Sam," Xander said apologetically.

"If I had been there, then none of this would have happened," Xander said. I shook my head despite the pain and hugged him tighter.

"None of this was your fault, Xander, so please stop blaming yourself. I don't like it. It makes me feel sad and guilty." I told him.

Xander wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I just let out a sigh of content as silence enveloped us once more.

____________________________________________________________________