Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Sam

Everything was pure silence. Nobody was talking. I laid down on the bed and put my hand on my stomach and sighed.

"Sam!" Xander's voice boomed.

I sat up, my wolf perking up at the sound of her mates' voice.

He grabbed the key from Cameron before unlocking it and tossing the key to the side. Liam was following closely. He gave me an apologetic smile before heading to where Adriana was placed.

Xander grabbed my face and gave me a passionate kiss that left me quite breathless.

"Xander," I whispered.

"I'm here," he said.

He glanced at Liam's direction who wasn't even looking at Adriana. I could hear Adriana's voice pleading with Liam to look at her, but he wouldn't budge.

"Everything will be okay. Stay here with my father, okay?" He said before giving me one more kiss and leaving the warehouse. Cameron gave me a small smile before following Xander.

Liam made his way in front of my cell and let out a sigh.

"Luna, I could never tell you how sorry I am for what my mate has done, to not only you but the pack as well." He wouldn't look at me and instead chose to look at the floor. His head bowed in shame.

I looked at him before letting out a defeated sigh, feeling tired of what's happening.

"Liam," I said making him look at me, but not meeting my eyes.

"It wasn't your fault. Don't worry about it, and I'm sure everything will be fine again once all this fighting is over. Blood of our beloved warriors and even friends will be spilled on the ground, but feeling guilty and apologetic for something you didn't do won't help," I told him sending him a comforting smile.

"It's probably best if you rest for a while and prepare instead of feeling guilty, you know?" I grinned at him. He smiled back, but it looked more like a grimace.

"Will do. Thank you, Luna." He bowed before walking out of the warehouse.

I sat back down on the bed and sighed. I leaned my head on my hands and shook my head. It's probably best if I took a nap. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes before falling into a dreamless sleep.

A crash woke me up from my nap. I sat up and looked around, the scent of blood makes me sick to my stomach. I stood up and ran to the front of my cell to see Arthur fighting three wolves all at once. Aurora was in her cell with tears falling like a waterfall down her face.

I looked around to see if I could find anything that will help me when I spotted a key on the ground.

"Sam!" Arthur's voice sounded in my head, startling me.

"Get the key and get out of here! Take Aurora and the other she-wolf in the cell if you want. I don't care, but get out of here as quickly as possible and take Aurora with you!" he said before the link got cut off.

I quickly reached for the key that was laying on the ground before unlocking my cell. By now, two guards have entered the warehouse and was helping Arthur kill the wolves quickly, but I could smell more rogues coming.

"There's . . . an exit near the back of the . . . warehouse. Use . . . that." Arthur said that before fighting off more rogues.

I rushed to Aurora's cell and unlocked it before going out of the exit near the back of the warehouse. Aurora and I passed Adriana's cell when her voice stopped us in our tracks.

"Sam!" Adriana's voice sounded. I looked at her and glanced back at the rogues.

"Take me with you. I could help you guys fight off the rogues if we were to encounter any on the way. Please, it's the least I could do," she said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I looked back at dead bodies and sighed before unlocking Adriana's cell. The three of us ran mindlessly through the dark, hoping that we would escape with our lives. As soon as we entered the forest the sound of fighting could be heard.

Wolves howling, growls and the strong scent of blood was in the air. We stayed by the shadows and away from where the fighting was going on. Rustling was heard from the bushes before two big wolves jumped out. One wolf looked like it has russet fur covering its body and the other one was as black as midnight.

We were able to dodge their attack in a nick of time before they pounced once more. Adriana growled before shifting to her wolf, her clothes ripping to shreds. She was able to fight both wolves with the skills of a true warrior.

She managed to rip out a good chunk of skin and flesh from the russet-colored wolf, making it howl in pain. The wolf shook her off its back before charging at her once more.

She dodged before finding an opening and sinking her teeth into the wolf's neck and ripping the flesh. She then turned her attention to the black one who was starting to make its way to Aurora and me. She jumped on its back before another fight broke out.

"Go! What the hell are you standing around here for? Go save yourself and your baby." she said before continuing her battle against the rogue.

I grabbed Aurora's hand, who was frozen in shock, before running out of the scene. We ran as fast as we could with me holding a protective hand to my stomach before another howl sounded and a pained scream was heard from where we left Adriana.

I felt my stomach drop as a bad feeling consumed me. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not then we just lost an important member of our pack.

We continued to run, with me starting to lose my breath. Black dots started appearing in my vision causing me to panic. I was out of breath and feel as if I would pass out at any moment.

A hand grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. I turned to see Aurora looking at e with worried eyes.

"Sam, I think it's best if we rest for a little while. It's not good for the baby if we continue to run, especially with the state you're in," she said while looking at my stomach. I nodded before leaning against a tree.

A few minutes have passed and my breathing has returned to normal. A rustle was heard before three big wolves jumped out from the bushes, looking at us with menacing eyes.

___________________________________________________________________

Want to know what hapens next? Click on my profile, follow the steps on my bio, and you're good to go :)

Happy Reading!