Chapter 10

Percy P.O.V.

It was easy, from the looks of it. I could use my demigod powers without anyone figuring out. I ran outside. I was wearing my hood, so even if I saw someone I knew, they would not know who I am. Apparently, I wasn't the only one working at night. I think I saw Macao and his son, Romeo, running after a guy. I still couldn't find the guy I was looking for, but from what the description said, I wasn't going to like him. He was one of the bad ones in the last war after all. I continued running through the streets. It was getting late, and I was getting tired. I was about to give up when I heard someone talking via Iris Message (don't ask how I knew, they always sound weird in some way) I hid behind a pole.

"Yes master, I will find Jackson and bring him. He won't get away too easily like last time."

I recognized that voice. Suddenly, a man in a suit stepped out. He didn't look like a criminal, but I knew better. The man standing in front of me tried to kill me and Nico once. The last time I saw him, the hunters helped us defeat him, but he took Annabeth down with him. It wasn't a nice memory. My grey strand of hair was still clearly visible, but over the years it had started to disappear. I remember that Bianca had joined the hunters after that. It was still painful for me. I couldn't save her in that junkyard. I stepped out of the shadows.

"Who is there?" the man said. I walked towards him. His posture changed.

"I smell a demigod," he said.

I should probably thought about that. Dr. Thorn still has a good nose after being dead for a long time.

"JACKSON!" he shouted.

"Wrong," I said. Dr. Thorn slowly changed into a manticore. Last time, one of his weird spikes almost hit me, but I was prepared. He threw a bunch of them at my face, but with one swipe from Riptide they all fell to the floor.

"You are much stronger than the last time I saw you," Dr. Thorn said.

"I already told you, I am not Percy Jackson, though I know him, and why are you chatting with me in the middle of a fight?"

He jumped towards me, but I dodged him. I considered using one of my keys, but all magic didn't work against him. Even if the guys didn't have any magic powers (only their demigod powers) It still takes a small amount of magic power to summon them.

"Who are you then?" he asked curiously.

"Your death!" I said. I stopped his blood circulation (He did have a bit of blood, since he was in his manticore form) and lifted him into the air. He was choking. I was just missing the mask, and I could do a perfect impersonation of Darth Vader (What? I saw the movies with my mom after the war ended. They were really good)

"Let me go," he begged. I could feel power running through my veins. I kinda liked this feeling, but it wasn't right. He was still a human being, manticore or not. I lowered his to the ground.

"FOOLISH BOY!" he shouted. He ran towards me, but with a flick of my wrist, he was gone. I guess I could have done that since the beginning. I heard someone clapping.

"Good job! I guess you can receive your payment Jackson," someone said behind me. I saw a flash of red. Red. R.E.D. Rachel.

"Rachel is that you?" I said.

" I swear you are no fun Percy," she said back. I hugged her.

"How are you here?" I asked her.

"I appeared here a few days ago," she explained. "That manticore started chasing me around. and since I didn't have a dagger or a sword, I ran. I made a request and they put it in the Fairy Tail guild. I made some paintings and sold them in order to get the payment. I never guessed that the one that would answer to the job would be you. It's good to see that you are saving the town. Still want to be the hero, I guess."

"You and I know that's what I do best," I told her. She laughed. She took the money out of her pocket.

" No, keep it. I don't need it anyways, Chiron gave me a load of it."

"Chiron's here?" Rachel asked. I nodded. I gave her directions and she took off. I missed that girl. I walked back to my apartment. Man, I was exhausted. I took another shower and went to bed.