Chapter 22

Percy P.O.V.

---dream---

I was standing in the edge of the void, Tartarus lying thousands of feet below me. I felt a force trying to pull me in. 

Percy Jackson

I turned around and looked for a sign of someone.

"Who is there?"

Percy Jackson

Something suddenly took hold of me, and it pushed me into the dark abyss. 

--- end of dream ---

I woke up with a start, almost banging my head against Lucy's.

"Are you okay? You look like you were having a nightmare," Lucy said sympathetically. 

"Yeah, it was just a dream. Are we there yet?" I asked.

"No, " Erza said. "If I am right, I would think that it would be an hour or two at least."

I stood up and sat down again. I started thinking what would Chiron need us for? Is it something that important?

"WE ARRIVES," Natsu shouted as he started literally kissing the floor. "Let's go Happy."

"Aye sir!"

They started heading in the wrong direction. 

"It's the other way stupid," Gray said.

"We knew that already," happy said. They turned to the other side. Sometime I swear those two have telepathic powers. When we got outside, I summoned Festus.

"OH COOL A DRAGON MADE OF METAL!" Natsu shouted. I had to cover my ears before they exploded. 

"Sorry Natsu, only space for four,"

The girls and Gray climbed on. I actually wanted to see Natsu's reaction. I climbed on Festus's head. 

"Well I guess its just you and me Happy," I heard Natsu tell happy. I laughed and we took off. I just remembered that Festus meant "Happy" in Latin. When we were high enough, I decided to bend over the side a little. 

"HEY ISN'T IT DANGEROUS?" I heard Lucy shout.

"NO, IT ISN'T IF YOU STAY ON THE SEAT!"

"HOW COME YOU DON'T NEED TO STAY ON A SEAT?" Gray shouted.

"THERE'S ONLY THREE, BESIDES, I HAVE RIDDEN FESTUS A THOUSAND TIMES!"

After a few minutes of flying, festus lowered his speed and got us to the ground. I jumped off his head and saw Chiron in front of the house.

"Hey Chiron!"

"Hello Perseus," he said. I got nearer. Since he was in his wheelchair form, I hand to bend over.

"Why so formal?" I whispered in his ear.

"There are other people here this time Percy," he whispered back. Good point.

"Hello sir," Erza said. "We are glad to help."

"Yes," Chiron said. "But please, come inside and make yourself comfortable."

We went inside, and there was tons of food in the table. 

"FOOD!" I heard someone shout. Natsu and Happy ran towards the table and almost tripped twice in doing so. They almost ate it all in a matter of seconds. 

"Where is all the food coming from?" I asked Chiron. He motioned me to come closer.

"The campers have been offering food to myself and Rachel since our sudden disappearance," Chiron said.

"By the way, is Rachel back yet?" I asked him.

"I haven't seen her for a while, maybe she is visiting the shrine of Apollo in some other city," Chiron added.

"Wait, there are shrines for the gods here?" I asked him, surprised.

"Only some."

When I looked again, there was no food in the table.

"HEY WHAT ABOUT ME?" 

"Don't worry, there's more in the kitchen," Chiron added.

I ran inside the kitchen and like a thousand plates of blue cookies.

"Why are they blue?" Gray asked. I took all the plates that I could stack together. I almost ate all the cookies before anyone else could. Guess the guys at camp missed me too. 

"Well, what's our mission?" Erza asked Chiron when we all finally settled down.

" As you see, there has been recent attacks all over Fiore. A creature of some sort is attacking young boys and men and taking them to whoever is her master. Your mission is to simply find who her master is. You can kill the creature if you want."

"Sir," Natsu asked. "How do you know it's a she?"

"The creature hides in human form. Those creatures seem to be immune to fire, so Natus's magic wont do any damage to her." Chiron said. "The only one that has a good chance at killing her is Percy or Erza."

"I'll do it," Erza said. 

"Wait, we still do not know her name," I said. I was really hoping it wasn't who I thought it was.

"The creature goes by the name of Kelli. She is an empousa, and I believe the only one of her kind in Fiore. So boys, please be careful when you are against her."

"Why does it have to be her?!" I complained. "She hates my guts, and I don't exactly think I want to be that weirdoes dinner, after, well... you know what happened last time Chiron."

"Yes, and I must tell you to refrain from exploding any band rooms this time."

"Thanks sir," Erza interrupted me. "We will try to find this foul creature as soon as we can."

"Wait," Chiron said. "I have something that might help you." He went to his room and came back out with various items. He gave Erza a celestial bronze sword, Lucy the small magic crystal ball Annabeth and I retrieved in one of our quests, Happy a small potion that would boost his magic power, Natsu a pack of self-igniting fire boosters Leo made for the war against Gaea, and Gray a stygian iron dagger just like Nico's (though I have no idea why) He gave me two keys, which I supposed were Frank's and Piper's.

"Thank you sir!" Lucy said.

"Im all fired up now!" Natsu said. They all started going outside, but I stayed behind. 

"Thanks Chiron," I told him.

"You are welcome Percy," he said. "I actually think you will be the only one that can defeat her, seen that you already know how to deal with her kind."

"Is it true that she is the only one of her kind here?" 

"Im not so sure this time Percy. As you know, we both know who her master could be."

I gulped. Not him again.

"Be careful Percy."

"I will try."