Chapter 24

Percy P.O.V.

"What? Why do you think he's there?" Erza asked.

"I've felt a dark presence, his presence, in Magnolia recently. I'm sure he is there."

"Well, let's go catch a train and get there!" Natsu, who had already stood up, said.

"NO!"

"Why not?"

"It's safer if we go by foot. It will take us at least a week."

"A WEEK!?"

"Oh shut your mouth Natsu," Gray said. "It's better than a train, or that is what YOU would say."

Good one Gray. Good one.

"Besides, we can enjoy a picnic!" Erza said happily.

"Yeah, besides that, what about the creature?" Lucy asked.

"There is no doubt that many more of them will come after us," I told them. "We need to be careful."

"And where will we all sleep, we can't just sleep on the ground," Happy said.

"I know exactly what can help you with your problem," someone said. "Leo Valdez, commander of the Argo II at your service."

"Shut up Leo," I told him.

"You shut up first and let the captain speak!" Leo said dramatically.

"YOU'RE YOUNGER THAN ME! YOU CAN'T BE BOSSING ME AROUND!"

"AGE DOESN'T MATTER!"

"BUT POWER DOES!"

"OH, YOU WANT A CHALLENGE FISH BOY?"

"YOU BET I DO!"

"YOU WILL LOSE JACKSON!"

"DON'T BE SO SURE ABOUT IT VALDEZ!"

"JUST BECAUSE I AM MORE POWERFUL DOESN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO CHALLENGE ME!"

"YOU ARE SCARED OF ME!"

"NO I'M NOT!"

"YES YOU ARE!"

"NO"

"YES"

"NO"

"YES"

"NO"

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!" a new voice said. We turned around and I saw the only person I didn't want to see.

"Leo dear, you can't just challenge Percy, he would probably beat you easily," she said.

"YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND VALDEZ! BEAT THAT!"

"And you Jackson," she said, coming closer to me. Then, she did the most unexpected (it was expected, just not in that instant) thing ever. She slapped me. SHE. SLAPPED. MY. BEAUTIFUL. FACE.

"HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?"

"THAT'S FOR LEAVING ME IN THAT ISLAND ALONE JACKSON! LUCKILY LEO CAME BACK FOR ME, OR YOU WOULD BE DEAD ALREADY!"

"I THOUGHT THE GODS LET YOU OUT OF THERE."

"WELL THEY DIDN'T."

"AND YOU CURSED MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"YOU LEFT ME ALONE, WHAT ELSE COULD I DO?"

"EVEN WHEN SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT? YOU CURSED ANNABETH!"

She stayed silent.

"You made her suffer, and I will never let you forget that," I said.

"I am truly sorry Percy," Calypso said. "I shouldn't have cursed Annabeth just because you abandoned me in that island."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have."

There was a long and awkward silence.

"Are you done already with your drama?" Gray asked. I nodded.

"How was this Leo guy supposed to help us?" Lucy asked.

"That is mister Leo Valdez to you," Leo said. Lucy glared at him.

"Well, Leo is just fine."

He started thinking.

"Oh wait, I must have it here somewhere," Leo said. He searched through his tool belt until he took out a small piece of cloth, and some mints.

"Want some?" Leo offered.

"No thanks," everyone said.

"And how is that piece of cloth supposed to work?" Gray asked. Leo set the piece of cloth in the ground, and it grew in size until it became a small tent.

"I have a question. How are we all going to fit in that?" Erza asked.

"Go inside," Leo said cheerfully.

I dried myself (I was wet for some reason) and went inside.

"IT'S HUGE, GUYS COME IN!"

The rest of the group came inside. The inside of the tent was a thousand times larger than what it seemed from the outside. There were at least thirty rooms, each one full of many things.

"IT'S AWSOME LEO! WHEN DID YOU FINISH IT?" someone else said. I turned around and saw Jason, Hazel, Frank, Will, Thalia, Nico, Connor, Travis, and Piper standing a few feet away.

"When did you get here?!"

"Just now, duh," Nico said sarcastically. I felt someone hugging me and I saw Piper.

"I missed you Percy!" she said.

"WHAT ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND?" Jason said, faking being offended. Piper giggled. Uh oh, inner Aphrodite is showing.

"Is that Natsu and Lucy over there?" she asked me. I turned the other way and saw Natsu and Lucy talking. I nodded and Piper squealed.

"What is going on with her?" Natsu said.

"I don't know," Lucy said back.

"Nalu is my ship!" Piper said.

"What's happened to my girlfriend?" Jason said.

"She's probably been possessed by her mother," I told him.

"That is actually a reasonable answer."

I walked away from the group. I looked outside to see that it was already night-time. I walked out and looked around. We may have a shelter, but we didn't have anything to eat. I wondered alone for a while when I heard two other people talking and ... ugh. Were those kissing noises? Nobody can have anything, not while I'm around. I eventually saw Nico and Will sitting down in an open space, where millions of stars could be admired from down below. I didn't want to ruin their privacy, but I still could not face the fact that little Neeks was gay, and that he had a crush on me. Nico is a nice guy, and he deserved a nice, happy life. I started thinking about New Rome. I promised Annabeth that someday, we would study there together and get married and have children. I remember that small piece of coral I gave her when we first started dating. I was happy because she was happy. She was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I stayed there for a while longer, and then headed back to the tent. I had an idea.

"PIPES!"

"WHAT PERCY?!" Piper said.

"DO YOU HAVE YOUR CORNUCOPIA WITH YOU?" I asked/shouted.

"Yeah, why?"

"Is anyone hungry," I asked. Many hand went up.

"Then let's eat!"