Chapter 29

Percy P.O.V.

They lunged at me, and I struck one of them down. MY chest instantly exploded with pain. I was bleeding, that's for sure. I looked down and saw the blood coming out from where my heart should be. The arai didn't reform. 

"Great, now there's six left."

I tried to ignore the pain. I swiped through another one. This time, I felt helpless, just like Calypso did in her island. I can't believe she cursed me too. I continued fighting. Only five were left. 

"You still alive Jackssson?" the remaining five of them hissed. I swiped through another one in a blink of an eye. I felt a heavy weight on my shoulders this time. Altas' curse. I was forced to my knees from all the pressure. I looked up. Four of them were still left. I took my sword and stabbed the closest one to me. The arai hissed, and my eye started bleeding. Ethan Nakamura cursed me too? I decided to not think on it right now. I stood up and ran towards the remaining three. I killed two with one swipe. I felt alone, another curse from Calypso. My shoulders felt heavier, which probably has to do with myself losing strength. For some reason, I felt sad and angry. Nico had cursed me as well, and I don't blame him. If that had happened to my sister, I'd also feel that way.

"I'll grant you one more wish Jackson!" the last one hissed. She stabbed me with her long nails. My eyesight dimmed. 

"This one's from your dear Luke," she said laughing. "Cursed to never be able to see your loved ones again!" 

I stabbed her with my sword. She disappeared. I started crying. Everything hurt like hades, but I couldn't give up. Not now. I had to save my friends. My family. I continued walking, no monsters daring to cross my path. I saw the huge doors, and I opened them with my remaining strength. I was shocked from what I saw. All my guild mates were unconscious. A man was sitting in the middle of the room, a familiar blond-haired girl in his arms,

Annabeth.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" I shouted.

"I did nothing," Kronos said. "She will be fine, only if you surrender yourself to me."

"PLEASE PERCY! DON'T DO IT!" Annabeth screamed. I walked over to Kronos.

"Sorry," I said. Annabeth started crying. 

"But I won't let you do that."

"What did you say Jackson?" Kronos asked.

"I said, I won't let you take me."

"Aghh!" he shouted. He stood up and threw Annabeth out of the way. Then, he struck me with backbiter.

"PERCY!" Annabeth shouted.

"RUN!" I shouted back. Annabeth stood up and ran to the other side of the room, away from the fight. Kronos smiled like a madman.

"Oh, I see it now Jackson, you are still too loyal to others."

I tried to stab him but he easily dodged me. 

"YOU ARE WEAK JACKSON! YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME!"

"I can't, but I'm not alone."

Suddenly, everyone who was trapped in the keys appeared and for some reason, Natsu was with them. 

"IM ALL FIRED UP NOW!"

"SHUT UP NATSU!" Everyone shouted. They attacked.

"This is sooo easy Jackson," Kronos said. "You think that a group of mere demigods and a dragon slayer are strong enough to defeat me? YOU ARE SCARED, FIGHT ME YOURSELF!" 

Kronos knocked all of them out in seconds. 

"PERCY I LOVE YOU, BUT PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" Annabeth shouted.

"Im sorry Annie."

I faced Kronos. He was stronger than me. I was weak, and I was losing what remained of my strength rapidly. My shoulders ached. More of my hair was turning white. I was scared. Annabeth seemed to notice.

"You are a weakling Jackson! You will never defeat me!"

"You were like a brother to me Luke. I looked up to you. I admired you. You taught me everything I know now." 

I was crying. 

"YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE THAT WELCOMED ME WITH OPEN ARMS! I GAVE MY LIFE TO BRING YOU TO THE LIGHT, AND THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME?! WHY DID YOU JUST GO BACK TO THE DARK SIDE?!"

Luke's eyes flashed blue.

"Percy! You have to kill me again!" Luke shouted. His eyes turned gold again.

"STUPID BOY!"

I had to kill Luke. Again. I don't want to. 

"Luke! Fight him!" I shouted. "It's the only way!"

"INSOLENT BOY! YOUR FRIEND LUKE IS DEAD ALREADY!"

"HE ISN'T DEAD AND I KNOW IT!"

Kronos charged. I could barely move now. My eyesight was dim. The curse was catching up to me. My bleeding eye went black. 

"You are blind Jackson, you can't see me," Kronos whispered in my ear. 

I lunged. I stabbed his shoulder, but it healed in less than a second. Time started slowing down.

"You are a weakling Jackson" I could hear Kronos say. "You defeated me once, but you won't do it again."

He stabbed me. Blood started flowing from the wound. Time went back to normal. Kronos was close enough. This was my chance. I stabbed his armpit.

"AGH! PUNY DEMIGOD!"

Luke's body slowly started becoming golden dust. His eyes turned blue again. 

"Thank you Percy," Luke said. His body disappeared. The golden dust left was blown by the wind. I felt weak and collapsed, and someone caught me.

"Annabeth," I said. I smiled. She was crying.

"Please don't leave me seaweed brain!"

I let tears fall.

"I... found... you."

I closed my eyes.