Chapter 15

Percy POV

The race. No. I can't run. I'll make up an excuse. You think that all those years running away from monsters would help me, they didn't. Monsters are fast, but I was a bit faster than them, but i doubt that I would be faster than the guys at the guild. I already have some flying shoes that Travis and Connor got for me, but still. There are guys much faster than me here. Natsu and Gray are pretty fast, and then there is Jet. That guy is like the flash of earthland. I know I can't ditch the race. I put on some shorts. I wore no shirt, since I could sweat and I hate sweat. 

"Everyone already bet their money that Jet would win," Gray said. 

"I hope they are ready to lose it," Natsu added.

I can't let them win. Yeah, I know I said I was the slowest runner in the entire guild, but I need to win. I don't want to play the punishment game. I had a plan worthy of Athena herself.

Master explained the rules of the race. We had to go somewhere and take one of the scales, so it should be really easy. 

"The use of flying magic if prohibited!" Master said. Ugh. Now I had to run. These shoes couldn't help me at all.

"IM NOT HOLDING BACK!" Natsu said.

"Me neither," I added.

"All contestants to the starting line!" Master announced.

Piece. Of. Cake. IM WINNING FIRST!

"READY! BANG!"

Jet took off. He is extremely fast, but not fast enough. Who knew that people here are actually a bit slower than people on earth? I ran behind him, though I had no trouble keeping up to him. I used the water particles in the air and pushed myself forward. 

"IT SEEMS JET HAS A CHALLENGE," the guy hosting the race said. 

"LOOK ATE PERCY GO!" Natsu shouted. I smirked. Natsu ran behind Jet. The rest got up and started running as well. They were all arguing. I used full speed and ran in front of Jet. I was far in front of him.

"HOW ARE YOU FASTER THAN ME?!" Jet shouted. 

"HA HA SUCKERS! YOU CAN'T BEAT ME!" 

"It seems that the new addition to the guild, Percy Jackson, a CELESTIAL WIZARD, is moving faster than out famous speed magic user Jet!" the announcer said. I was far more advanced than anyone else. I made a huge ice skating rink out of nowhere. It increased my speed by twenty percent, at least.

"HA!"

"It seems that an Ice skating rink appeared out of nowhere! Could it be Gray's doing? Is he trying  to slow Percy down?" The announcer said.

I took one of the scales and ran back. It was the middle of the day. The race was supposed to end tomorrow. I was WAY more advanced. I ran back. After an hour or so, I passed beside Jet.

"BYE!" I said happily.

"Wait a second? Did Percy Jackson just passed by Jet? He is faster than our famous Jet?" The announcer said. Seriously, that guy was Jet this and Jet that, he was really annoying me.

I continued running. I ran past Natsu, who was halfway through the course. I saw another ice rink, probably Gray's. I used it to increase my boost. I decided to slow down a bit. 

"Only twelve hours left and Percy Jackson is already at the finish line!" the announcer said. Take that, you stupid announcer. 

Everyone was screaming and cheering. I won. I can't believe I won (well I actually can but I don't want to brag). I fell the the ground. This drained all my energy. 

-- next day --

I was waiting for them. Sometimes, they can be really slow. 

"GO GUYS!" I shouted from the crowd. I don't think they heard me.

"AND OUR SECOND PLACE GOES TO HAPPY!"

What? The flying cat actually made second place? Im impressed.

"SECOND?!" Happy said. I laughed and came to greet him.

"That was pretty fast for a cat," I told him.

"When did you get here?" He asked.

" Oh, I got here yesterday."

"YESTERDAY?!"

A huge wave of people started running towards the finish line. The only ones left were Natsu, Gray, Jet and Gajeel. 

"Last place?" Natsu said. 

"We're screwed," Gray added.

"What's going on!" Jet complained. 

I laughed and helped them up. 

"When did you get here?" they asked me.

"I got here yesterday," I said.

(Their reaction)(A/N sorry I just had to put it there)

I headed back home. Time for the longest nap of my life.