Chapter 30

Gray P.O.V.

"My head hurts!" Lucy complained. I scanned the room. I wasn't in the guild hall anymore. We were in some sort of workshop with many machines and plans to build more machines. There was a girl crying in the corner. She was crying over something... no. Someone. I looked more closely. I really hoped it wasn't who I thought it was, but it wasn't much use, after all, they both had the same raven black hair color.

The guy in front of me was no other than Perseus Jackson himself. 

"PERCY! NOO!" the girl shouted. I ran over to her. 

"Let me help," I said. I used my ice magic to stop the bleeding and seal the wound temporarily. 

"He needs medical attention quick," I told her. She nodded. I picked him up and carried him outside. I ran to the hospital, the girl trailing behind me. Poor girl, she obviously had a rough time.

Annabeth P.O.V.

I was scared. Percy was in a fragile state, which was one of the worse things I've even seen in my entire life. His hair was grey-er than usual, probably from one of the curses he received from the arai. He looked peaceful when he was sleeping, but for all I knew he could die any second now. I stayed by his side all the time.

--time skip--

Three weeks had passed, and there was still no sign that Percy would wake up soon. Lucy and the rest of his guild mates came to visit him often. In all that time, I never left his side. On of the people that came regularly was a woman called Erza. She brought me food and stayed with me from time to time to talk. I guess why Percy was so fond of them. They treated him like family, like a brother, the same way they did to me even if they didn't know me. There was another guy, Natsu, that also came to visit very often. He was a nice guy, and he kind of reminded me of Leo. The guy that helped me bring him to the hospital that day came often too. His name was Gray Fullbuster. He was an ice wizard, which explained his ability over ice. He used his magic to speed up Percy's healing, since ice is partially made up of water. Why did all this had to happen? We already beat Gaea, and now Percy is like this. He deserved to be happy.

--2 months later--

"Annabeth? Are you coming?" Erza asked. I nodded. Two months had passed, and Percy was still comatose. His wounds had healed thanks to Gray, but his eye was no better. I joined Fairy Tail a few days after, and so did the rest of the demigods. All the demigods that were trapped in the keys were free now, so we constantly had to deal with Leo and Natsu's craziness. Those two were quite the troublemakers. The team was now made up of sixteen people. We usually divided the jobs in teams and divided the money too. Erza started going on S-Class jobs more often , and she took Gray, Natsu, Lucy, Happy and surprisingly, Leo. I always refused to go. I went on quests with Jason, Piper, Calypso, Frank, Hazel, Thalia, and the Stolls. Nico and Will always went together. We  were currently heading back to Chiron's place.

When we all arrived there, Rachel opened the door. Grover was there as well. We talked for a while and ate blue cookies. We stayed there to sleep for that night. The next day, we all headed back to Magnolia with Chiron, Rachel and Grover.

"Annabeth? Are you okay?" Thalia asked. I said no.

"You know Kelp Head is strong and he will make it through," Thalia added. She hugged me and I hugged her back. We all walked to the hospital. A nurse was walking by when she saw me. 

"Miss Chase!" the nurse said. "Thank god you are here! He want's to see you."

Oh my gods. Percy. 

I glanced at Thalia. 

"Go on," she said. "We'll be right behind you."

"He just wants to se her miss," the nurse said. "I'm sorry."

Thalia nodded. I followed the nurse to Percy's room. She opened the door. 

"He is still in a fragile state, so try to remain calm and not bother him too much," the nurse said.

" I will."

I walked inside his room. 

"Who is there?" someone said. It was his voice. Percy's voice.

"Percy?"

"Annabeth!"

I ran to his bed and hugged him. I missed him. I started crying.

"Are you crying? Please don't cry Annie," Percy said. I smiled and looked at him.

"Im just happy that you are awake," I told him. He smiled, but something was off about his attitude. His eyes were staring straight ahead, not focusing on anything. 

"Percy? are you okay?"

"No," he said. 

"Im blind Annabeth."