11: Dare or Dare

"No way, no freakin' way!" I exclaimed

"I am not wearing that."

"Too bad, you don't have a choice in this matter," said Cassie.

"Look, this is your first party in Atlanta. You need to loosen up a little and chill," said Steph.

"Wearing jeans and a t-shirt to a party also classifies as loosening up and chilling. Have you ever seen that dress? It so exposing!"

"That's the point," hummed Cass.

"Guys just look at that dress for a moment. It hardly has any back material. And the front rip is bigger than it looks. It shows a lot of back and cleavage. The only unexposed part is the golden belt."

"That's the point," hummed Steph, mimicking Cass from before.

"My brothers wouldn't approve of it."

"Too bad."

Steph was currently doing my hair and Cassie was doing my makeup. I guess they were kind of using me as their practice dummy. Steph wanted to become a hairdresser and Cass was into fashion designing.

"All done," they both said in unison.

I stared at myself in the mirror and was completely and utterly shocked by their skills. I never put makeup on unless it was a special occasion. Unlike the girls, who wore makeup to school every day. Cass had kept it light and Steph had done an amazingly neat French braid that showed off the different shades of blonde in my hair.

"Thank you so much, wow, that's not me."

"Nope, all you," said Cassie linking her arm in mine.

I took in their appearances and they looked absolutely stunning. Cass was wearing a blood red dress which showed off her curves and exposed her cleavage. She topped it off with some black stilettos and some random pieces of jewellery. Steph had the same thing going on with her appearance except her dress was midnight blue and she had blue wedge heels on with heavy a dark blue necklace.

I topped my outfit off with golden nude heels, black earrings and my lucky charm bracelet.

"Shall we?" Asked Steph in a posh, deep voice.

"We shall," I said and linked my arms with theirs.

Jace was driving us so we were just waiting for him. He asked Brandon to tag along so he wasn't the only guy in a car with three girls.

Jace came down the same second Justin growled, "what the fuck are you wearing?"

Jace caught on a second after. "Go change," he said sternly.

"No, we're going to be late and she looks absolutely breathtaking," Cass cut in before I could say anything.

"You aren't going like that!"Justin exclaimed.

"Since when do you care?"

"Since the day I found out that you were my younger sister!"

"Oh how unfortunate for you."

"Kate, please go change," he said calmly. "I know guys will try to take advantage of you and I know that Jace is going to try his best to stop that but in the end, he's going to get wasted."

Jace just gave him a stern look. At that exact second, Brandon walked in. He didn't notice what was going on until he walked into the kitchen.

"What the hell is going on with your dresses?"Especially you," he said pointing his finger at me, "what the hell are you wearing? You can't go like that."

To be completely fair, I was the one out of the three of us that was showing the least bit of skin. I didn't get why the guys suddenly just picked on me. Okay, I understood Jace and Justin's reason, but Brandon? That was just messed up. He had no right to instruct me on what to wear.

Just then it clicked in my mind. Brandon was the fake boyfriend. Duh. But I could tell when he was being truthful or not and the way he said it was sincere and serious. He didn't seem like he was acting. He seemed genuine. But then again, this was Brandon I was talking about, he was Mr shitty personality and Mr bipolar. You could just never be sure with him.

*****************

After about 25 minutes of constant bickering we arrived. Ellie Goulding was blasting on full volume and I wondered how the neighbours didn't complain. Before I left, Justin gave me the talk, let's just say that it was very disturbing and that I had to stay with someone at all times. He also said that we would have another talk once I came back. I just didn't get him. He hated me but then his brotherly instincts would kick in and he would be all paranoid. To be honest, no matter how much he really hates me for what happened that night, I don't think he can bear to lose anyone else in his family.

We went inside and I immediately lost Cass and Steph. But before leaving they said something about the other boys and getting drunk, so I took a wild guess that they left to find the guys and the drinks table.

I can't drink. I'll get completely wasted and it'll be easy for anyone to do anything to me. Especially them. They could get me and it would so much easier it was unconscious. No. This is a freakin' high school party. They aren't going to come here. They can't. I'm safe. They don't know where I live. It's okay. Happy thoughts.

I reached the drinks table only to find that Steph and Cass had already pored me a tequila shot. Dang, it burned. I was about to gulp down another one when Harrison stood up on the dining table and yelled out that they were playing a game of dare or dare and the rules were that every time that you declined a dare you had to answer a truth and gulp down a glass of beer. Stupid. Before I could object, Steph dragged me towards the bean bags where the game was taking place.

It was a big area but it was away from the rest of the party. It was me, Steph, Cass, Olivia and her two minions that I couldn't be bothered finding the names of, Brandon was sitting there with a scowl, there was Jesse, Tobias, Caleb, Harrison and one or two other guys from the football team.

"Alright, everybody ready?"

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile