25: Backfired

It was hilarious. It was absolutely hysterical. Brandon showed up at school with black hair. The girls in school found it really attractive and were fangirling over him. Brandon didn't find it funny. He knew that I had done it and he was pissed. Absolutely pissed at It me. I knew he was going to get me back but when he showed up with black hair and a frown, I just laughed my ass off. He had been giving me the stink eye ever since. We all laughed like complete idiots at Brandon at lunch. He just ate his sandwich in silence with a scowl plastered on his face. But at one point I felt that he wanted to laugh as well, but he didn't.

School had just ended and we were all still laughing at Brandon. We had piles of history homework. Apparently, the teacher thought that we could extend the assignment over to a month and that since he had given us extra time in the project we needed excess homework. I seriously don't understand why we had to have more time than a week. All we had to do was find out everything about our partner and compare them to a famous historical figure. This kind of thing shouldn't even take more than an hour. But I guess our history teacher wasn't in the mood to teach us anything so he just assigned us homework. Teachers.

Brandon was coming to my house to work on the history assignment and Jace was going to Tobias' house to complete his assignment. I had already prepared my Oreo's. I set up two sides, mine with the real cream and Brandon's with the toothpaste. The black dye on his hair wasn't permanent. I know that Brandon hates and will legitimately do anything to get it out of his hair, so I'd say in about a day or two it will be out of his hair. All I have to do now is convince him that the Oreo s are delicious.

"What's your favourite meal?"

No answer.

"What's your favourite tv show?"

No answer.

"What's your fa-"

"I am going to kill you."

"For what?" I asked, feigning innocence. The only response I got in return was a scowl.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry, but you gotta admit that was hilarious. You know what, I'll go get us some Oreo's. Oreo's make everything better."

"What the fuck is this?" Justin bellowed from downstairs.

Brandon and I both rushed down the stairs to see what Justin was fussing about.

"What happened, what's wrong?" I asked in a panic.

"Who the fuck thought it would be funny to put toothpaste in Oreos?"

Uh oh. So much for an epic prank. Brandon clearly knows that it was meant for him and I can see him glaring at me from the corner of my eye.

"Must've been Jace," I said nonchalantly.

"We have a project to complete. So goodbye," said Brandon grabbing me by the arm and dragging me upstairs.

He's going to kill me. He really is. This can not be good. Why did the prank have to backfire? He's going to get pissed and he's going to kill me.

He closed the door behind him and he walked towards me. I was scared shitless right now. I made a run for it but Brandon was fast and strong so he pulled me back by the waist and practically threw me onto the bed. Okay, that sounded very wrong. I tried getting up and making another run for it but Brandon was prepared and so he was straddling me by the hips right now. He was on top of me. Okay, that sounded very wrong.

He held my arms over my head with one hand and said, "Those cookies were meant for me, weren't they?"

"What? No, no must've just been Jace trying to get me." That is something Jace would do. These days he's been acting more like himself. He's not crazy protective over me-though he is still very protective over me-he's now fun and weird. I guess he just took his time to warm up to this new place and now he's acting more like his dorky, stupid but hilarious self. But I'm not complaining. I love this side of Jace.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I asked, feigning oblivion.

"Why did you swap my shower gel with black dye and almost feed me toothpaste cookies?"

"Because you deserved it," I said with a cheeky grin while ruffling his hair. This was a very awkward position to be in. Brandon was on top of me with his lips inches away from mine and his one hand on my waist. My shirt had ridden up so his hand was now in contact with my tanned skin. My hand was on his arm and one was in his hair. Yup, very awkward position to be in right now.

"This may be your last day alive, Klumsy. Cherish it," he said with a malicious smirk.

"Why, what are going to do? Prank me back? I'm so scared."

"You will be. Nobody messes with me. And if they do, they regret it."

"Alright then, bring it on."

"You sure you're not going to piss your pants when you get scared. Or when I do this." I was momentarily confused when he said 'when I do this', but he was bringing his face closer and closer to mine. His lips were less than a centimetre away.
I didn't know what he was doing but I actually did feel like pissing my pants and I would have yelled it out loud if Justin hadn't barged into my room in that exact second.

"Get the fuck off my sister!" I was startled but Brandon just smirked at me and slowly got off me. I wonder what Justin was thinking right now. It probably looked like we were screwing each other. Brandon's lips and whole body were less than a centimetre away from me and he had his hand in contact with my waist. And the fact that he was holding my arms up probably made it more convincing that we were actually screwing each other. And my hand was still in Brandon's hair and one was on his bicep.

Right now I should feel great that we had just convinced Justin, but at the moment I just felt awkward. My older brother had walked in on what he assumed was a hanky-panky scene. This was just weird. And I felt extremely weird when Brandon's warmth had been taken away from me and I was forced to stand up and look at my older brother.

"What the fuck do you two think you were doing?"

"What do you think?" replied Brandon with an arrogant smirk.

Justin completely ignored him and asked me, "Kate, what were you thinking?"

"None of your business."

"It is my fucking business. You can't just go and screw a random guy."

"Random guy? He's my boyfriend and I love him." Yup, I just dropped the love bomb. I looked at Brandon from the corner of my eye and he seemed confused but I gave him a stern look that said shut-the-hell-up-and-go-with-it.
He silently obeyed.

"Love him? What the hell is wrong with you, you've only known him for so long!"

"It was enough time to find out that we had more than like feelings for each other. And anyway, you go around screwing chicks without even having any feelings toward them. What a great example your setting."

Justin rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Alright, I get that you don't like me doing that. So if I take that down a notch, will you two take your romance level down a notch?"

Did Justin just say he would try and not be a player? Or at least not have new girls every week.

Wait, what?

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile