36: Which Brandon do you like better?

"Noooooooo! That doesn't go there! Jesse!"

"Babe, you need to calm down, it's all going to turn out fine," Tobias said to Cassie, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay! No PDA needed," Jesse yelled which caused Tobias to roll his eyes at him.

"I know," she said defeated, "Its just-I just want it to be perfect, you know? It's prom! Most of the people coming are probably never going to see each other after graduation again and I just want it to be special for everyone."

"And we'll make it special, just take a deep breath, okay?"

Cassie nodded and soon she was back to her normal, chirpy self again. She's been taking going to prom way too seriously. I mean, she didn't even let Steph and I decide our own dresses and instead chose them for us. But I most definitely am not complaining. I hate shopping! And besides, Cassie's really good with all this stuff.

All of us were here helping out with the prom preparations. The entire student body decided to bail. I'm not surprised, I mean Olivia's in the student body, but what I am surprised about, however, is that she got elected.

"I TELL YOU WHAT I WANT, WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT. I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA REALLY REALLY REA-"

"What the hell is that screeching?" Tobias bellowed.

Jesse gasped and said, "that really hurts my feelings Tob Tob."

"I'll tell you what else will hurt if you don't shut your damn mouth!"

"SO TELL ME WH-"

"Jesse, if you don't shut the fuck up I will strangle you with this balloon. I don't know how I'll do it but I'll find a way," Brandon interrupted.

"It went perfectly well with the sentence! You guys don't appreciate Spice Girls music. I have no respect for you."
Stephanie snorted. Literally. Which caused us all to laugh even more.

After our laughter died down everyone went back to work, of course with the continuous side comments about everything. Caleb came to assist me with the stringy decoration that I was quite literally tied up in. I don't even know how but somehow my legs ended up knotted up together-I have a very strong guess it was Jesse. When I thought I was free I walked to get more string but immediately ended up falling. Gratefully, Caleb grabbed me swiftly before my butt could hi-five the ground. He helped me out of them and we both started laughing which caught the unneeded attention of Brandon.

He looked so enraged. I knew he disliked Caleb. Dislike isn't exactly the correct word. He loathed Caleb, but I have never seen him look so angrily at him before. He looked like the cartoon characters with steam coming out of his nose. I fumbled awkwardly with the decorations but thankfully Caleb started helping. He grabbed my hands and started making motions to tie them. His hands moved at a quick pace-

"Klumsy, I need to talk to you."

"I'm a little bit tied up at the moment," Caleb laughed at my cheesy pun but Brandon remained impassive.

"Now Klumsy." I slowly got up giving Caleb an apologetic look but he was looking at Brandon like a cartoon character that had steam coming out if their ears.

"Okay, what?"

"Nothing," he said with a grin that radiantly highlighted his cheekiness.

"Brandon, you pulled me out of an extremely creative and imperative discussion with Caleb so you could just stand here unproductively in one place?" I said slightly agitated.

"Well, when you put it that way, pretty much."

I made an unusual 'hhmph' sound and turned to walk away when Brandon grabbed my arm and looked up at me through his long, dark eyelashes. He made a face with his eyebrows furrowed and his bottom lip set outwards. How did he still manage to look incredibly gorgeous? I mean, if I did that I'd probably look like a constipated walrus on weed.

"Proms overrated. Wouldn't you rather sit at home watching a Disney movie with cookies and milk and loads and loads of chocolate?"

I immediately grabbed Brandon by the shoulders and started shaking him vigorously. "What the heck have you done with the Brandon that I know?"

He chuckled and my breathing faltered. Why is it that he can so easily manage to do these things to me without even trying?
"He jumped off a cliff when he found out that he had to live next to you."

"Well, I like this Brandon way better."

He was quiet for a moment and then his old changed drastically and he said almost inaudibly, "why?"

He seemed so far away that I momentarily just stood in my spot gazing at him. I grabbed his hand in an attempt to drag him away outside the gym. He stood rooted to his spot, in a state of perplexity and shock and melancholy. So in short, I looked like a constipated walrus high on weed trying to pull along a perfectly sculpted sumo. Okay, so that's a bit of an exaggeration.

His eyes are fixated on the ground. I take a giant stride towards him and place one hand on his chest and the other slowly lifts up his face so that his deep forest green eyes look up to meet mine. My hand gently rests on his cheek while stroking it and pushing away his dishevelled honey-kissed hair.

"Hey," I say, almost whispering and he looks at me so intently that the breath is knocked out of my lungs and my heart follows pursuit by flying out somewhere as well. I grab his hand firmly and am surprised when his grip tightens as well. Our hands mould together. The simple touch of his hand makes me feel safe and secure. I hope my touch can reciprocate what he makes me feel.

I start walking towards the door and Brandon complies without argument. "Use protection!" Jesse yells causing all heads to turn our way in a look of bewilderment and hilarity. My cheeks heat up after my failed attempt not to blush. I wonder how it looks, a red-cheeked constipated walrus high on weed. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jace give me a dubious look and Caleb looks like he's going to get up and pounce on Brandon.

We're out the door and somehow near the bleachers sitting on the grass cross-legged.

"What's wrong?" I ask sternly.

Quiet

"Brandon," I urge.

"Why do you like me better now?" His head shoots up in an instant.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile