13: Peaceful slumber

I jumped down from Brandon's arms and ran straight towards Justin.

"Hi," I said, cheerfully.

"Hey. Where is Jace? And why the hell is she completely drunk?" He asked Brandon angrily.

"He's dealing with a guy that tried to kiss her after she kept trying to push away."

They did notice.

"What guy tried to kiss her?" he asked, furiously.

"A jerk on the football team," Brandon replied with just as much furiousness and disgust.

"Are you okay?" asked Justin, calmly, giving me a hug. Justin was capable of caring and hugging. This day just keeps on getting weirder and weirder. Or is it the night? Who cares.

"Hey, man, I guess I was wrong about you being a terrible boyfriend. Thanks for helping her."

"She's my girlfriend, I have to and yes, you were very wrong about me being a terrible boyfriend."

"No, Justin you were right. He is a terrible boyfriend," I butted in.

Justin looked at me, his face full of rage. "Did he do something to you? Did he try somethi-"

"He doesn't smile and he doesn't hug me and he doesn't kiss me and he doesn't say that he likes me!"

At the mention of this, Brandon grabbed me by the waist gently and pulled me toward him. He kissed me gently on the forehead and then picked me up again. I giggled and exclaimed that I liked him now. He said something to Justin and then took me to my room. He lay me down on my bed and asked me if I wanted to change.

"Yeah. This dress is starting to get uncomfortable," I whined.

He looked through my drawers and grabbed a tank top and one of my pyjamas.

He said that he was going to be right back and that I just needed to be seated where I was. When he returned, he was in a pair of sweats and a black shirt. He lay me down and then hopped into bed next to me. His warmth was radiating off him in waves making me want to get closer. I cuddled up next to him and he hesitantly brought a hand to my face and gently stroked my cheek, pushing loose strands of hair out of my face. Realizing what he had done, he took his hand away, almost as if surprised by his own actions.

__________________________________________

I puked in the middle of the night last night. Or whatever time it was. All I know is that I vomited and then Brandon came in and held my hair back for me and rubbed my back soothingly. I was too tired to be embarrassed. And right now it was like 9 in the morning and my head was throbbing like it was repeatedly being slammed against a brick wall. I had a shift at the coffee shop later this evening. Great. I was currently sitting in the lounge with Brandon next to me and my two brothers pacing around.

"You need to learn how to be careful."

"I was handling it just fine. I didn't need for anybody to intervene." I know that I sounded like a complete bitch but right now I couldn't care less.

"Kate just shut the hell up and listen to me!"

"Alright, that's it. I've had enough. I am officially leaving this conversation." I headed into the kitchen and unfortunately, the guys followed me in there.

"Guys stop looking at me like that."

"Well, if you hadn't done anything stupid like that, we wouldn't be looking at you like this."

"It was just a couple of shots."

"Just a couple of shots? Bullshit! You came home fucking drunk. You were stumbling and collapsing and blabbering stupid things out. And to top it all of, you wore the most exposing dress ever. One guy already tried to use your state as an advantage, who knows what Brandon could've done."

"He's my boyfriend. He likes me just as much as I like him. He would never do anything like that!" I looked around for him only to realise that he left.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I know him." That was a complete and utter lie. I didn't know a single thing about him except that his favourite colour was black. I didn't know why he was always so grumpy, I didn't know why he had a terrible relationship with his father, I didn't know what happened to his real mum. I didn't know shit about him.

"Kate you have only been dating him for around two weeks."

"It's enough to know that I really like him." Lies lies lies. I was actually still planning our little prank war in my head. This was going to be epic. I don't know if he would cut off the deal if I pranked him, but at this point, I really didn't care. I wasn't someone who listened to others talk shit about me. And I definitely wasn't someone who let others behave like bitches with me. So one way or another, I was gonna make him regret being such an ass.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile