44: I like all types of dessert

"What's there to discuss? I like you more than I've ever liked anybody in my life."

"Wow, thanks I feel honoured."

"Klumsy."

"Yes?"

"You know that more than anything I want you to be my girlfriend. Everybody could see that I had something for you. It's just, I don't know how to do this stuff."

Everything was rushing through my mind. I really liked Brandon, but was there really a future for us? I had been accepted to a college that was states away. I would have to move again. I don't even know how that would impact Brandon. I mean, people do long distance relationships all the time but they don't always work out. If I leave, I don't want Brandon hanging on to a string of hope when it might not even be real. But I don't want to ruin this moment. Brandon put so much effort into this date that it's unreal, I can't ruin it by talking about our future that might not even be a possibility.

"We don't have to sort everything out right now, we could take out time."

"There is nothing to sort out though, I know how a feel about you. You're the only thing I'm certain about in my life."

Que resembling the tomato family.

"Well then, hello boyfriend."

"Right back at you girlfriend."

"You wanna go get dessert?"

"We're not having it here?"

"No, let's go," he said as he grabbed my hand and lifted me up.

"Thank you so much for the food, please be sure to tell the chef it was great," Brandon said politely to the waiter from before as we exited the restaurant.

"Woah."

"What happened?" He said with furrowed brows.

"That was so nice."

"Excuse me, but I'll have you know that I am indeed a very nice person," he said feigning hurt.

"Yeah, yeah, of course, you are," I said, poking his dimple. "But seriously, you very strongly disliked him five seconds ago, what changed?"

"You know, I really did, but that was until I realised that he couldn't do this."

I was a little confused as to what Brandon meant but that all evaporated when he pulled me in and wrapped both hands around my face, crashing his lips onto mine. All the tension of this relationship lasting dissolved into thin air when his lips moved in sync with mine and his hands made slow strokes over my cheeks.

It didn't matter what was going to happen tomorrow or the day after that. What really mattered was this sensation that I was feeling. It was bubbling up inside me, lashing and mingling with desire and passion.

When we pulled apart, both of us were breathless. With the streetlights twinkling above us, it was easy to see Brandon's glimmering green eyes. Every time I was with Brandon, every touch, every fight, it would uncover a side of this relationship that I never knew existed.

"Let's go," he whispered.

"Wait," I said as I balanced on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. "I know the night isn't over yet, but thank you. Thank you for everything that you've done."

"It's definitely not over just yet," he said and before I could comprehend what was going on I was being lifted off the ground. I let out a little squeal to which Brandon just chuckled.

"What, no more 'I am titanium'?"

My brows sunk downwards to show my confusion but Brandon didn't elaborate, he just smiled.

All of a sudden it hit me. I facepalmed myself. "No no no no no. No! I didn't. Oh my god. Oh my," I said with sheer embarrassment as I hid my face deeper into Brandon's hoodie which sent wonders of his lovely scent through my nose. I didn't remember much of what happened when I went to my first party here, but some of the things weren't so hazy. Like when I belted out the song Titanium while in Brandon's arms.

"I actually quite enjoyed that live concert of yours, very entertaining," he said as he placed me in the car.

"Sorry, I'm only a bathroom singer."

"Well I most definitely would not mind getting a ticket for that," he said with a goofy smile.

"Get lost," I said whacking his arm to which he pouted.

No matter how many times I saw him, I still couldn't get enough of him. No matter how many times his lips caressed mine, I still couldn't get enough of him. No matter how many times he smiled or laughed or frowned, it would never be enough. This was him, whole. He was happy and it was the most beautiful feeling I had ever experienced, being with him.

"As much as I love your company," I drawled sarcastically, "are we really just gonna sit here? I want dessert."

"If you say so," he said and once again his lips reached mine, his hand pushing away hair from my face and tucking the strands behind my ear.

"Yeah, not that kind of dessert, buddy."

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile