14: Today's gonna be good

The weekend was almost over so today we all decided to go to the beach. Tobias, Caleb, Cassie, and Jace were all going in Caleb's car and Brandon, Stephanie, Jesse and I were all going in Brandon's car. I packed everything I needed and Cassie and Stephanie were currently packing all the snacks. I was perfectly content with wearing my swim shirt and shorts but they forced me to wear my dark blue bikini. Steph was going to be wearing a neon pink and Cass was going to wear a dark shade of green.

"Kate, we've finished packing all the food, have you finished packing your bag?" They bellowed from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a sec."

I went down to see the girls chatting with Justin. We were all meant to be at Caleb's house in ten minutes so we could all meet up and give directions then head to the beach. Jace was already there helping him pack. Cassie notice me first.

"Oh hey Kate, we ready?"

"Yeah, let's go."

"When are you guys coming back?"

"Whenever we feel like."

"Kate..."

"Yes, Justin." He just sighed. These past few days he's been very brotherly. It's kind of creeping me out. He doesn't usually do that. Screw that. He never does that. I guess he started when I came back from the party. I don't remember a single thing from that night. All I remember was that Brandon was sleeping next to me and I freaked out. Maybe that's why I puked in the middle of the night. Because he was sleeping next to me. As much as I wanted that to be the reason, I knew that it was because I drank way too much. Oh well.

"It's 11 right now, be home before 8."

"Whatever."

"Dammit Kate, I'm trying to be a better brother. But your just not letting that happen!"

"The words nice and caring or better person isn't in your vocabulary," I said, deadpan.

"Well I'm trying to fit them in, can't you just cooperate?" He pleaded.

"Look, I don't have time for this right now, we're going to be late, bye." He just looked hurt, but the emotion faded away just as fast as it came. Justin never showed emotion, not even a little bit, he was exactly like Brandon. He would always look like he wanted to go kill you but at the same time looked like an Armani model, exactly like Brandon. And no, I am not complimenting Brandon, I am only comparing. I've already established that fact that Brandon doesn't need compliments, it'll just boost his ego, and nobody needs that. I turned around to walk out the door and saw the girls looking uncomfortable as hell. I just grabbed both their hands and dragged them both out the door with me.

My mood wasn't the best. But beaches always cheered me up. Especially surfing. We learned how to surf in California. Justin already knew so he taught us. Granted he taught us in a grumpy mood and shouted at us every five seconds, he still taught us. I was determined to have a good day today. And no one could ruin that, not even Brandon.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile