41: Senses in Check

My mind was going wild. Everything in me was tingling at the thought of my date who would arrive at the door in less than 10 minutes. Brandon. We were going on a date and this is the most nervous I have ever been my whole life.

We hadn't talked after prom, not one word uttered to each other. The only way I knew he was still alive was the package that got delivered today, yesterday and this whole past week. The first thing that got delivered was a canvas saying:

'Being with you is the only thing that makes sense in my life.'And as expected, I nearly broke my bed from jumping on it from joy.

The second day I got another package wrapped in some brown paper saying 'Touch'. I was really confused but then it all started to make sense when the other packages started coming in and on them in black ink was written 'Taste', 'Smell', 'Sight', 'Sound'.

There was a note in all the packages.

Touch:

I want to kiss you again.

Be ready, because I don't think I could ever get enough.

Inside was a huge photo frame of us at prom. Him looking at me and me smiling into the camera with a really cheesy smile.

The package labelled 'taste' had every type of junk food that I'd ever liked.

The cheesiness was oozing out of the packages but that didn't bother me at all because the fact that Brandon had remembered the little things about me is what really hit me. The very little things because I know I had only mentioned once how I liked a specific brand of chocolate.

In the box with 'smell' was my favourite perfume and how Brandon had managed to find the exact one, I have absolutely no idea. There was also one of his shirts inside.

Give it back to me when it smells like you.

In 'sound' there was a playlist he had made me and it contained all my favourite songs, even Achy Breaky Heart.

I wanna dance with you again, with or without these playing because we don't need music to dance, our heartbeats are enough.

And that brought me back to when we danced in the drama room with no disturbances and no music playing.

The box saying 'sight' came today and inside was a pair of cute sweats with little doodles on them, uggs and an oversized T-shirt. The shirt was Brandon's, his cologne was wrapped around it like a blanket but it looked like a dress on me and I didn't want to look like a complete hobo so I wore a black singlet instead. The note said:

No matter what you wear

or how you look you will always be the

the most beautiful sight to me Klumsy.

The whole thing was cheesy, way too cheesy. But what really made me melt was the fact that he thought about doing this and the effort he put in. My heart nearly ruptured inside my chest from all of these cute little notes.

I didn't know where we were going or what was planned but if it involved a pair of sweats it had to be really laid back. I was ready and so I went downstairs and halfway down the doorbell rang and my stomach did tumbles. I ran so fast to the door Usain Bolt would be shaking.

Every part of me felt hyper and joyful. I had never felt like this and always made fun of the movies that portrayed the female characters to do so but now that I felt the same I didn't know what to think. What if it didn't work out? I mean, we're graduating in a couple of days and then going to college. I had gotten a scholarship but I hadn't told anyone except of course my family. College breaks people up. Long distance relationships are hard. What if it just isn't supposed to be?