18: I nearly died twice in one day

He didn't sit on it and I was absolutely heartbroken. That was a beautiful hole and it deserved a tush to collapse on it. Well, to be fair, it did get a tush. Just not Brandon's tush. Instead, it got Jesse's. Brandon was smart. Very perceptive. I had to take my pranks up a notch. He must've noticed that he hadn't left his towel there and that something was up, whereas Jesse being the goofy and fun idiot he was, sat on it. We all cracked up laughing. It was hilarious and so cute, especially when he pouted, he looked like a 5-year-old asking for candy.

It was now five in the afternoon and we were all still in the water. The water was suddenly freezing because the sun was about to go down and my body hadn't adapted to the change in temperature. So right now I was getting a piggyback ride from Caleb and was occasionally being dunked in the water. We were playing volleyball without a net. Cass was on Tobias' back and Steph said that she feared heights even if it was less than 5 feet off the ground so she stayed in the water on her feet. Brandon was with Caleb, Jesse and I. Jace was on Steph, Tobias and Cassie's team.

Stephanie's team was winning and Brandon was getting pissed off. They were using the girls who were on the backs as an advantage when the ball went up to high.

"Caleb, let go of Kate, she's going to be on my back," said Brandon with a frustrated expression.

"No, I'm fine with being on Caleb's back, thanks."

"Well, guess what, I'm not fine with losing this shitty game. So shut the fuck up and just get on my back. I'm taller than Caleb is. That might give us a boost in the game." I just groaned in response and reluctantly removed myself from Caleb's back and hopped onto Brandon's.

"If you guys are done bickering, can we get this over and done with?" Jesse asked impatiently.

"Gladly."

***************

It kills me to admit it. It pains me to admit. Oh well, guess what, I'm already dead. Brandon was right. It did give us a boost in the game. We won. He kept smirking cockily and it was pissing me off. We were all drying our selves off and then heading over to the shack to get something to eat. This place was absolutely adorable, like the coffee shop. There were a couple of shacks around to eat and dine and there were barbecue and bonfire spots. There was even a sunset point. Brandon owned a beach house here. The Beach was in a secluded kind of area. It was a thirty-minute drive away from all the bustling and noise of the city. It was peaceful and beautiful here, hardly crowded. There were mostly teens surfing and just a few parents with little kids.

We ordered so much food that we thought the shack was going to be out of stock. Everybody was happily munching on their fish and chips with their soft drinks to keep them cool. Once we were done, we all paid. Jace was paying for both of us while I went out to pack our stuff up. We had cleaned up in Brandon's impressively large beach house.

I was walking carelessly to our stuff when I heard someone whistle. I craned my neck to look at who it was. Oh my gosh. It was the moron from the mall and his posse. He was the one wolf whistling at me. I tried to ignore them and power walk to our stuff but they caught up with me in no less than ten seconds.

I hung my head low as I was packing up our towels. I felt Moron's warm breath on my neck and I shivered. Him being the moron that he was, thought that I shivered in delight and so he grabbed my arm causing me to spin around.

"I believe it's destiny that we meet again."

"Yeah, me too. I guess destiny was mad that I didn't punch you in the face at the mall."

"I like a feisty girl." He tried to say seductively and I suppressed the very strong urge to laugh in his face. Instead, I grabbed the bags and began walking. He tried again but this time I had officially had enough and I slapped him, my instincts dominating.

I left a red mark on his face. He was seething with anger. He grabbed me with so much force I felt my that my wrist was going to break. He called to one of the other idiots in his gang and dragged me away from the beach.

The beach was also kind of connected to a forest. It wasn't a huge forest compared to others, but it was still colossal enough to get lost in. I thrashed against him but he just tightened his hold on me and slammed me into a tree. The slam was unexpected so the impact hurt more than ever. I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw that his face was less than 5 inches away. He smirked an evil and malicious smirk. And even then he still looked like a constipated walrus.

"You made a huge mistake by hitting me."

"And you're making a big mistake right now," I said to him with confidence.

The moment I finished the sentence he punched me in the stomach. I gasped and clutched my stomach as the pain shot up. He trailed his index finger down my face. "So beautiful," he said as he let his fingers travel down my arm. I didn't move when he did it. I didn't say anything. I felt that if I tried to speak or move I would have another panic attack. It was possible. It had happened before. My brain had gone into overdrive, locking all my moving muscles and leaving me completely defenceless and vulnerable.

No no no this was not happening. My mind was in a state of fuzziness, half of it telling me to move and fight and the other half just terrified and in a mode of numbness. I gathered all the parts of my mind that were yelling at me to do something and I punched him in the square of his jaw.

The fury in him hit me like a heated wave and he slammed me back into the tree and kneed me in the stomach, then punched me in the cheek. But he didn't stop there, he punched again, and again. I knew bruises were going to form everywhere, but what I didn't know was when he was going stop. If he was going to stop at all for that matter.

I used up all the energy I had pent up inside me from the rage of his hands anywhere near me and grabbed the hand that was on my wrist and I dragged him down on the floor. I was hoping he wasn't double jointed because I pushed down with enough force to break it. What I forgot was that his idiot of a friend was there as well and he pulled me up by my hair then threw me against the tree. If I was in the position to judge, I would have called it pathetic.

But right now I was the one being pathetic. If two imbeciles could beat me up, imagining what they were capable of rattled my bones in fearful apprehension. Pathetic or not, the shove gave the guy on the floor time to reposition himself and he was up and punching me again. I kicked him in the wrist somehow and he squealed. Yes, squealed.

Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. There was no doubt the imbeciles heard it as well.

"Rustin, let's go, someone's coming!" the one with the pathetic kick said.

They both scurried off leaving me alone. Alone until a figure appeared.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile