28: Another prankster

Today was Monday and the fact that it was Monday was depressing but today, in general, was horrible. Olivia tried making my life 'hell' by swapping one of my physics papers with one off the internet meant for 11-year-olds. I didn't know what she had done until Mr Klep gave us our papers back and told me he was very disappointed. If I told him that it was Olivia, he would have done nothing because she would have easily threatened him on losing his job. Not only that, but Olivia also happened to place a dozen eggs in my bag and when I was walking around lazily the eggs got crushed and completely spoiled my history essay that we got as excess homework. I officially hate her with a passion now and am going to make her regret messing with me.

And I also had a messed up weekend. Brandon tried to prank me by scaring the shit out of me. I don't even want to think about the prank he pulled. It still scares me. He let Jace in on it and together they pretended that there was something, more specifically someone, in the house. Now that doesn't sound frightening but when you are already traumatised it will scare the crap out of you. And to top it all off, Brandon is actually a great actor and so it didn't take more than 5 minutes to convince me.

I ignored him for the whole of Sunday and I plan on doing so again. He was actually pissed at the fact that every time he would say something to me I would simply just walk away and start talking to someone else. It was quite amusing, actually.

He found ways to annoy me, though. If I wouldn't talk to him he tried doing things that would annoy the heck out of me. In all honesty, I was waiting for an apology. I didn't take the prank so seriously that if he didn't say sorry then I would never talk to him. It's just that Brandon claimed that he had never apologised to anyone and I was determined to change that.

I don't know why he would apologise though. I mean I had started the prank war and I didn't think that Brandon gave me so much importance that to get me to talk to him he would change the proven fact of not apologising to anyone.

After the pranking incident on Friday night, Caleb asked me if I wanted to go and have a meal with him after school. It wasn't a date or anything, he just said that he wanted to catch up with me. I said yes.

Jesse apparently got a B on his physics paper and was literally dancing and singing at the top of his lungs on the table with Jace. I look at Caleb and see that he has an uneasy look in his eye. When he notices me staring, he quickly smiles and turns away. Maybe it's the fact that today we're randomly going out and having a meal, but there is definitely something off about him today.

----------------------------------------------------

It was nice to just laugh about nothing with Caleb. He had the skill to crack you up without even trying. At one point during our staring contest, I burst out laughing and almost choked. It wasn't my fault though. Caleb was making all these spectacularly hilarious faces that I just couldn't help it. Mostly, I was laughing at how stupid his jokes were.

I also got to know a lot about him. He told me he was born in Thailand because that's where his dad worked before. He talked about his mum and how she left him and his dad when he was only 9. Judging by his expression and his fidgeting, it must've been really hard for him to talk about the woman. But after about two seconds he cheered up and told me some more stuff like the fact that he'd known the group for about 6 years.

I still couldn't figure out why Brandon didn't trust him. I mean he had known him for 6 years. How much more time did he need to warm up to the guy? I had known Caleb for only a few months now and I already trusted him. I noticed that Brandon was a lot more carefree around Jesse and Tobias.

"Hey, Caleb, how come you and Brandon don't converse with each other that much?"

"Oh," he said as I caught him off guard with the question. "No, no we do. You probably just haven't noticed."

"Yeah, yeah that's probably just it. Hey, ah, I should probably get going. I've got tons of physics to catch up on. I'll see you later," I said as I left the amount of money that my meal costed. I was just leaving when he grabbed my hand and said, "My treat." We argued about it but eventually, he won and I left saying, "Next time, I'm paying."

I reached home just five minutes later and sat down thinking thoughtfully about how I could get Olivia back. I hadn't exactly told anyone in the group about Olivia pranking me but Jace seemed like he had an idea as to what happened, especially after I freaked out about the eggs in my bag. The whole morning her nincompoops and she had been giving me wickedly sweet smiles. I was just too distracted to notice that there was something going on.

The noise suddenly erupted when Jace came in laughing. Brandon was chugging down a glass of water. They were both wearing their football clothes and shoes.

"Hey, sis, what you up to?"

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Are you still mad at us for the prank? Come on, that was like a week ago."

"It was 4 days ago, dimwit!"

Jace suddenly started singing Let it Go from Frozen. "The past is in the past. Let it go, let it go. Can't h-" He abruptly stopped when Brandon through gelid water at him. His expression changed from stunned to shocked to mischievous.

This was not good.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile