3: I thought we said goodbye

We arrived and we were given our schedule by the lady at the front desk. She also did all the necessary documenting and then showed us around the school herself. She was definitely a mum, in her late thirties with a kind smile. She bid us goodbye and told us our classes started in around 15 minutes. 

Jace had memorised everynook and cranny of the whole school. Me? Not so much. Luckily though, Jace and I both had exactly the same schedule. The lady at the front desk said that she couldn't fit us in any other schedule because everything had been decided last year and we were already starting school late since it was now February and the school year ended in May. So, technically we were only in this school for three months. 

As I said before, Uncle Ricky wasn't the very best at time management. She told us that no one in the school had exactly the same schedule except us. She also told us about out lockers, Jace's locker was across the hall from mine. We collected our books and they were heavy. At times like these I'm envious of Jace's muscles and his flawless ability to make everything look effortless. He looks like a model walking down the runway, using the books as an accessory, whereas I on the the other hand look like a constipated duck. I mean, I'm fit from all those years of kickboxing training, but Jace is well built up.

"Okay, so we have calculus first. What a great way to start the day," said Jace sarcastically, pulling me out of my train of thoughts.

"Yeah class starts in like 2 minutes, let's go."

We went in and gave the teacher our passes, telling him that we were new. He looked completely uninterested. Oh, he was one of those teachers that didn't give a shit if we learnt something or not, but gave us loads of homework so in the end of year assessments it didn't look like he was the one at fault if the all students failed.

"Alright class, settle in. Most of you already know me, for those you don't I'm Mr Alan. We have two new students. Could you please get up and introduce yourselves and the students can ask you appropriate questions if necessary, "he said in a very bored tone.

"I'm Kate, I recently moved here from California," I said feeling self-conscious with around 26 pairs of eyes on me.

"How come you have a British accent then?" asked a petite girl.

"I lived in England for around 5 years."

"Are Atlanta and England the only places you've lived in?" Asked a guy wearing glasses.

This is the most questions anyone's asked at any of the school's I've been enrolled in.

"No, I was born in Australia, lived there for 2 years, then moved to England for 5 years, moved to Canada for 3 years, then to Michigan for a year, then Cali for 6 and now here,"I said only to find stunned and shocked faces around me, even Mr Alan's.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Yeah," said a guy with blonde hair-fairly cute,"you're hot, wanna get together?"

The class laughed and I blushed. Very very hard. Mr Alan opened his mouth to speak but Jace beat him to it.

"This is the part where I come in. I'm Jace and unless you want me to make a belt out of your intestines, I suggest you stay away from my sister."

A chorus of "ohhhhs" came from the class.

"Wait, your twins?" Asked the petite girl.

"That's what we were told," replied Jace.

"Who's older?"

"Me," said Jace, arrogantly.

"Okay class, that's enough, open page 7 and start doing the fifth exercise." Said Mr Alan.

***************

We were currently in science doing some kind of experiment. I was partnered with a girl named Stephanie. She had long black hair and dark caramel coated skin. Her eyes were the darkest and warmest shade of brown I had ever seen. We instantly bonded.

"Hey, come sit with us in lunch," she said out of the blue.

"Us?"

"Yeah, me and a couple of friends. You see that guy over there working with Jace, he's Caleb, he's part of the friend group.

Caleb was hot. Frustratingly, my mind kept going back to the arrogant jerk outside the coffee shop. He was insanely hot. Too bad he had a really shitty personality.

The rest of the classes went by in a blur. It was now lunch time. And I was starving. Turns out that Caleb also invited Jace to sit with us.

There was another girl named Cassie. There was her boyfriend Tobias, who I liked to call Tob-eee-as. And there was another guy named Jesse. So all of 'us' would be me, Jace, Stephanie,Cassie,Tobias,Caleb and Jesse. Steph told me there was another guy coming. Curiosity was killi-

"What the fuck is she doing here?" growled a voice.

I looked up to find a pool of bluish green eyes staring at me. It was him. It was Mr shitty personality.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile

Stay FaBuLoUs