6: Fight for me?

We were both holding a pack of dates and a pack of chocolate kisses. See, my spontaneous idea revolved around the fact that it was Valentine's Day tomorrow. I let Brandon in on the idea. We were going to go around and tell random people-preferably our age- that it was Valentine's Day tomorrow and we were single. We were going to ask them if they wanted a kiss if they said no, they missed out on a chocolate, but if they said yes, then they would be surprised to have a chocolate and not a real kiss. The same goes for the dates.

Brandon being Brandon obviously criticised the idea, but when he found out that I wouldn't budge, he gave up. It was probably going to be really easy for Brandon, I mean he looked like a model. All the time. Without even trying.

"Hey, Brandon look, there's a girl that looks our age over there walking with her friend. Go ask her."

"I hate you," he grunted.

"The feelings mutual', I replied with a fake smile.

I saw him walk towards the girl looking uncomfortable as hell. I don't know if he asked her for a kiss or a date but she nodded her head vigorously. The girl beside her looked at her full of envy. I can understand why. When he handed her a kiss she looked really disappointed. But judging by Brandon's expression, he really couldn't care less. He hurried back and fixed a glare on me. At that moment I saw a group of teenage boys also looking to be around our age walk across Starbucks. I guess this mall was the hangout of teenagers on weekends. I mean there were literally no elderly or middle-aged people around, just teenagers around the age of 15 to 17 or 18. And a couple looked like they were in college.

"I'm gonna go ask those boys," I said and rushed off not waiting for his response.

"Hi, excuse me," I said to the group, "are any of you single?"Two out of five of them shook their heads yes."Well, tomorrow's Valentine's Day and I was wondering if you wanted to have... a date, "I said, to the one closest to me, choosing my words very carefully.

"Sure babe," he replied and I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brandon glaring at the guy harder than I've ever seen him glare at anyone. He had an expression plastered on that I couldn't quite decipher. If looks could kill, the guy I was talking to would be ten feet under the ground. I knew Brandon could hear everything that we were saying because he was in the hearing range.

"Alright then, "I said to the guy, handing him a date. He looked completely baffled. "Have a good day."

As I was about to walk away, the guy grabbed me by the waist, pulling me closer to him. "You can make my day good," he said in a low seductive voice. Brandon was no longer glaring at the guy, instead, he was on his phone, so he had no idea about what the guy was doing and no idea what the guy was saying since he was whispering.

I know how to fight. I'm a black belt in karate and my brothers and I have done kickboxing. They even went to state championships. I also got an offer but I had to refuse. It would be extremely easy for them to find me if I went. They didn't really know anything about Jace or Justin so it was fine for them to go. Anyway, fighting in a mall would not be a good idea though. Especially when this guy had 4 other minions.

"Alright, let go of me," I said trying to push the moron back.

"Aww come on, let's have a little fun," he replied with a smirk.

"Let go of me, now," I demanded.

"Or what?" he asked, arrogantly.

"Or I will punch you so hard that you'll gargle your own kidneys," growled a familiar voice behind me.

"I'm not scared of you," said the moron, but it was obvious he was lying. He looked like he was pissing pants. Brandon was about 6'2" or 6 '3" whereas the moron was a midget compared to him, only reaching about 5 ' 10 ". It was quite clear that the moron didn't go to the same school as us otherwise he wouldn't have even dared to speak to Brandon so rudely.

"Let go of her, now," said Brandon.

"Make me," replied the moron.

Brandon took an intimidating step towards him and his fist was about to connect with the moron's face when I got out of his grasp and stopped him.

"Calm down Brandon. It's okay, let's go," I said putting one hand on his chest and the other on his arm.

"It's not fucking okay," he replied, glaring at the moron and his minions. He looked at me and his eyes softened. "What he did, it's definitely not okay."

"I know, but not now, let's go."

"But-"

"Let's go."

"Yeah, run away," said the moron. And I knew this was war. We didn't know which school they went to, but I knew that Brandon would find out somehow. And when he did, he would kill them

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile