46: Yup, I casually pounce on people

"Take a seat."

It was so beautiful, both the gesture and the setting. Bedsheets, blankets and pillows were neatly placed over the grass with the fresh scent of ocean air washing up around us. The trees were adorned with fairy lights that dripped down all the way around the projected Disney movie about to play. Popcorn stands, as well as candy stations, were stacked against each other illuminating the area around them.

I couldn't help my self. I jumped on Brandon, hugging him so tightly and wrapping my legs around his waist. He took a step back to steady himself from my sudden outburst of affection but hugged me back with just as much happiness.

"Do you like it?" He murmured through my hair.

"No, I just casually pounce on people out of happiness. Of course I do, idiot. I love it." I say bringing face up to smile at him.

I kiss him, slowly, smiling through the kiss. There is always that crackle of electricity that dances through me when our lips meet, and it makes me realise that no matter how many times we let our lips mould together, it will never be enough. I will always crave a little bit more and now, I don't want to think about spending a day without his kisses or his dimpled smiles.

"You know, we don't really have to watch this movie. We could just go get comfy between those sheets," he says with his signature smirk.

"Ha ha, nice try buddy. You know I wouldn't ever miss a Disney movie."

"So if it were any other movie, you would?"

"You need to get your mind out of the gutter, mister."

"Yeah, but there's a lot more action there."

"If you sing along to at least one song, you get 2 kissing passes."

"I don'-"

"No no, do not pretend like you don't know the lyrics, I know you secretly love Disney."

He sighed but murmured, "fine" before placing his lips on mine again for a peck.

Even simple kisses and pecks like these brought me so much joy it was hard to fathom.

"You know what movie it is?" He whispers with his face inches away from mine.

"If it's Tangled you get 3 kiss passes."

"Lucky me," he said with his dimpled smile.

He walked over to the confectionary stand with me still in his embrace. I tried to hop down when he started filling up the candy boxes but he immediately stopped and gave a stern look which kept me in place. I was so excited I couldn't stop smiling, I absolutely loved Tangled.

I loved all the Disney movies. Their happy endings were so magical. The fact that in the original writings they had brutal endings honestly made me so upset. But there was newfound hope when somebody came along and decided to change it all for the better. It made me feel lighter when I thought about real life. When I thought about the men out to get me, it made it easier to hope for a happy ending despite all the odds.

We sat down, placing the candy boxes next to us while getting ourselves tangled up in the sheets. There was nobody here, the serene was so peaceful and as I laughed when we were getting muddled up in the sheets, people a mile away could probably hear.

Once I had finally found the blanket and the pillows I looked up to see Brandon staring at me with a fazed look and a smile playing very faintly at the corners of his lips.

"What?"

"Come here."

I crawled over to him and he wasted no time in wrapping us in the blankets. Goosebumps rose on my skin as the cold ocean air swept up. Brandon wrapped the blankets tighter around us and pulled me further into his chest, kissing the top of my head.

We were 10 minutes into the movie when my phone rang. I had had enough with the constant phone calls from Justin. I know he was just filling out his older brother responsibility but he really needed to calm down. I picked up the phone to turn it on silent. But as I was doing that I realised that he was calling 23 minutes earlier than he should have.

I picked it up and the words Justin rushed through the phone had me clutching the phone tighter.

My chest felt heavy, as though it was constricting and the all the oxygen in me was being pumped out. My mind was buzzing with emotions I didn't know one could even possess.

Brandon immediately came over to me when he saw the absolute trepidation glazing across my face. "What's wrong, Klumsy?"

"He-he's been in an acc-ac-accident."

"Who, Kate? Who's been in an accident?"

"Jace," I had whispered, my voice and my insides simultaneously trembling.

Brandon had wasted no time, lifting me up from the ground by grabbing my hands and gently but urgently guiding me to the car. We arrived in less than 10 minutes and although I wanted to run into the hospital Brandon didn't once let go of my hand knowing all too well how much I needed him right now.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile