30: Element of surprise

I was on my way to the underground street boxing centre that Justin earned his money from. I really needed to blow off some steam and this was the perfect way to do so. Nobody knew I was coming here and that's the way I'd like to keep it.

Brandon was starting to frustrate me. He constantly gets on my nerves and I've had enough. That's why I punched him. He needs to learn that pissing me off is not going to do him any good. But the thing pissing me off right now is why he let me punch him. He could have easily blocked but instead, he let me punch him and the thought of that makes me want to scream.

Reaching the centre, I head to the signing up area and then inside the changing rooms. Justin has never let me come with him as he claimed it to be 'too dangerous'. But without him knowing I had sneaked in here a couple of times so I knew where all the things were.

This place was illegal and so Justin made more than two grand every night he played, considering he won all the fights he was in. Tonight, all I wanted to do was imagine my opponent was Brandon and punch him in the face multiple times.

Changed and ready, I headed out to where all the spectators were. The announcer had said that my turn was right after the round that was currently going on. I didn't know who was playing, but both the opponents were certainly not very good. The one that was getting used as a punching bag had no speed or guard. He was incredibly inexperienced just as his opponent who threw each punch slowly and had his legs wide open so his rival could easily escape. Even a five-year-old would have won against these two.

As I predicted, the punching bag-guy escaped from under the legs of his rival. He then tackled him to the ground and wildly started throwing punches. He was angry and that was going to cost him. You should never let your emotions come in between something like this. If you do, it will be the best fight you'll regret. That's why tonight I had to focus on anything but Brandon even though I wanted to imagine my opponent as him.

As I was getting ready to go on, the guy who was the punching bag earlier got thrown out of the ring-literally. He had let his guard down because of his anger and it had cost him. Due to the two opponents getting immensely aggressive they had to cancel the fight. The people in the audience lived on betting on these fights so when the fight got cancelled nothing but 'boos' could be heard.

'The people' guided me to another ring as the one that had been used by the two idiots was splattered with blood. I put on all the necessary items that were provided and signed the form where it summarised that if I get injured or even die the club takes absolutely no responsibility.

It was my first time fighting in the club but the audience seemed extremely excited. I headed to my designated spot in the ring and started doing some basic stretches. My opponent came on just a second later.

I looked up from my stretch and could not believe who it was.

--------------------------------------------------

It was him.

He was right in front of me and I had no clue on how to react to this.

I had absolutely no clue that he also came to these illegal fights.

Talk about the element of surprise.

Why him?

Why couldn't it have been anyone else?

Why did it have to be Rustin?

I was looking at him with a deadly glare. Well, I was trying to imitate a deadly-Brandon-glare; I was most probably failing as all I could see on Rustin was an annoying smirk that he thought made him look cool, It didn't.

He blew me a kiss before putting his mouth guard in. I pretended to catch it with a fake smile and then proceeded to crush it under my feet. A chorus of 'oooohhhhhs' erupted from the audience and at that moment I felt incredibly sorry for the mouth guard in Rustin's filth-filled mouth.

I honestly want to kill him but I can't let rage get the better of me. I have to be calm and think logically. If I want to win then I have to tire him out. Due to him being a little bit more muscular than me-only a little bit, if he had the chance he could knock me out with only five really solid punches. I just have to make sure that I don't give him that chance.

Once my mouth guard is in I signal that I'm ready. The crowd goes silent as the screen on the TV goes down from 3 to 1. A huge air horn rings and my pulse speeds up unnecessarily. Rustin rushes toward me and nearly lands a punch in my stomach. What is it with his obsession with stomachs?

I jump to the side and manage a kick in his torso. Ha, how does it feel to be kicked in the tummy, sucker? He stumbles back from my kick and I do a mini dance. But my dance was short lived because Rustin came charging at me and was able to punch me so hard in the head that I fell over.

He nearly body slammed himself against me just when my body automatically moved out of the way. Rustin ended up falling on the floor and I would have laughed out loud at his epic fall if my head wasn't spinning. I would have been fine if we had been allowed to wear helmets but when this centre first opened they had a vote with the audience regarding helmets. Apparently, the audience found it more juicy-yes juicy- and entertaining if the two fighters only had a mouth guard and boxing gloves as a form of protective equipment.

When Rustin finally got back up the audience roared. Some shouted 'boo' while others shouted 'yeah'. Rustin put on a furious look while circling around me. To be completely honest this was one of the most pathetic and tedious fights I have ever been in. Nothing seemed to be happening. I couldn't exactly see the face of the spectators but I was assuming that they were incredibly irritated and bored.

This fight was going absolutely nowhere.

But it will if I spice things up a bit.

Just a little bit.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile