Chapter • 2 • I'm Too Young To Die

• Flame's POV •

I felt a headache coming. Navi said that there was a life source in that closet. I created Navi and Navi is never wrong. I should know because I programmed her perfectly. I swear I'm not going crazy. At least I hope I'm not. Oh great, now I'm doubting myself. Just what I need. Ugh what has the life of solitude done to me?

So when I heard the alarms going off, I knew I read it right. There was a life source. But how could I miss it. The freaking monsters are as stupid as they come. But when I managed to get downstairs, the thing was gone. Great no catch and I have to clean up what it left behind. How it got past my defenses were beyond me. I got myself a smart one. But guess what buddy. I'm smart too. After I get the mess cleaned up, I'm going to check the cameras. Then I'll make the traps better.

But instead of the usual flesh and blood I usually see, I saw ripped pieces of clothing. Strange, very strange. But then again, sometimes they do come in clothing. After resetting all of the traps, I set out to burn all of the clothing. Taking off my fire resistant gloves, I started to burn all of the pieces. But then something glittered, catching my eye. I stepped over all of the activated lasers as if they were nothing. I bent down to see a golden chain. I picked it up to get a better look.

I laughed on how simple it looked. It was a plain golden chain (most likely fools gold) with a flower charm. But in the center was a round clear diamond. And it look somewhat old. About roughly a decade old. Maybe a little older. It fascinated me on how something so simple can have an expensive jewel in the center. But it also confused me. How did it get here? Surely no monster could have dropped this.

        But the more I thought about it, the more it confused me

But the more I thought about it, the more it confused me. So I gave up on trying, I went to check on the cameras.

         My mouth dropped to the floor. On the video was no monster it was a human. But how on the world? Who would ever be out here? That's why I built this house, because it isolated from all civilizations! And now a human runt manage the break into my house successfully and escape successfully! That's absurd. That really is a blow to my ego.

I watched the tape at least ten times. Studying the person's movement. Because of her hoodie, I couldn't get a good visual to scan. I cursed like a sailor when trying to think how to make the system better. I could just add more traps and cameras. That could work. So after think of some traps, I started sketching.

After about three hours of creating the perfect trap, I started to build. The sun was going to set soon, according to Navi. Taking out all of the materials I will use, I brought them to my melding area. Another two hours passed and I'm three quarters done. Now I have to think, how in the Hades am I going to get this upstairs? I was too tired to melt it in pieces. To be honest, I was to tired to do anything at the moment.