Chapter • 7 • I Don't Even Like Corn!

Flame

So I was just sitting around. Just doing the usual keeping my eyes on her-Marguerite. Jared her beloved pet was sleeping soundly on top of her lap. And Starfire is currently in her room "cooling off" whatever that means.

Anyway it was a normal day, or how normal it can be while your a demigod. A Minotaur stopped by and got killed, Marguerite wanted to go down a pet it. My guessing she saw it as a bear or something.

I just do happened to be sitting by the cameras, when the silent alarm went off. Red lights flashed on and off signaling a deity that is not a monster. I added it recently after the whole breaking into my house thing.

I hear Starfire barge in the room as I scrambled to look at the cameras. "What in the Hades is happening?!" She screamed into my ear, making me wince. "Shush I'm getting there." I rolled my eyes as I type away. Within seconds.

On the screen was an obvious lady about in her early twenties. She had this permanent scowl on her face. She looked about 5'8 maybe a little taller she look like any other person but. Yes there is a but. Her floor length hair was literally made of water. It actually look like a waterfall had sprouted from her head.

The waterfall lady looked at the traps in front of her. And with one swipe of her hand, the lasers burned out, the spikes and all of the other traps flung off the floor and into the walls. "Hey I just cleaned that!" I hear Marguerite scream in the background.

I then hear the door slam closed as she stormed off. As I look back to the screen, I see the lady looking straight at me or actually at the camera. And with a snap of her perfectly manicured fingers, the camera turned static. I immediately run after her-Marguerite. No doubt she is heading to waterfall lady.

So when I got there, I kinda expected Marguerite to be all in water hair lady. But instead I found water lady and a ear of corn? I hear Starfire walking behind me. While panting to catch her breathe she looked up and smiled. "Hi Wave." I turn around, wide eyed. "Wait you know her?!" I say in disbelief.

"Well duh she's my cousin." She said like it was he most obvious thing ever. Did I mention that it is oddly quiet in here? Or is it just me? Then I remembered one of the reasons I'm down here. "Where is Marguerite?" I questioned with no emotion. The waterfall hair lady whose name is Wave (so original *cue sarcasm*) just looked at me with confusion.

"She's yay heigh-" Starfire started lifting he hand to her lower abdomen. "And really weird. Most likely came out you with strange faces trying to act tough." Wave features shifted as she realized who Marguerite was. With any other "wave" of her hand the once random corn on the ground was Marguerite with an annoyed look on her face.

"What the holy Hades was that! I don't even like corn!!" She pointed at Wave. But all Wave did was give a little shrug. "Sorry first thing that came to my mind." She volunteered her hand to help Marguerite up. She accepted it as walked quickly to my side.

"So why are you here cousin?" Starfire asked politely. "Well I came to look after... you my dear cousin. After all you tend to need protecting." Even I could notice how she hesitated on the word "you". But I decided not think about it. After all we all have our secrets. "So they're related?" I hear Marguerite whisper beside me. "Yep." I say popping the "p".

Without any other word I stalked off to my Lair. Oh great now she has me saying it now. Well today was just peachy.

Tiny Party