Chapter • 10 • You Taste Gooood

Flame

It's been about two weeks since Wave left, so I say she's never coming back. Why should I be so hold up about someone who broke into my house? Excluding Marguerite. Besides I only had what five minutes in general. I mean I didn't get to know her. And it seem she didn't want to get to know me too. So the feeling is mutual.

By Starfire seemed so sappy about t. I mean she said this happens all the time so why is she so held up. I mean no offense but she and Wave didn't seem so close. They talk a lot but never seemed to be close.

"She misses her family Flame. What do you expect?" Marguerite would usually say to me if I brought it up. But when she said it I could see something in her eyes. Something like regret? Regret of what? Not pranking her when she had the chance. I don't know and I don't really care. The human race is really awful.

Right now I'm taking a break outside. But only Marguerite almost dragged me. Not that she could but it was funny to see her try. But really she told if I don't go outside that she'll bring it to me. I really didn't want to know how I just did what she told me.

Don't tell anyone that I said this but she sometimes scares me. One time I threatened to burn Jared if she didn't listen. And she literally came at me. "If you touch a single feather or he says you hurt him. I make sure I dump water when you wake up and when you go to bed. Don't test me."

After that I backed off. So when she tried (pathetically failed) "dragged" me to the front yard, I listened. But only because of one thing. Water plus fire equals very baaaad.

Anyway when we came out, Starfire was out in the middle of the semi frozen lake, sitting. "What's she doing?" I whispered.

"She is mediating. Or something I wasn't really listening. Something about controlling her 'powers.'" She snorted at the last part like it was the most funny thing ever.

Suddenly Starfire stood up with a start and started to run towards me? "Wave!" She yelled. I turn to back behind me to see Wave magically coming out the front door. And in her hand she had a chickadee? By the gods above, is their anyone normal on the world. I swear, I got run away pranker, ice cold princess, and now a magical bird catcher. I need to take a nap.

"Woah woah woah." Wave said as she tried to push Starfire away. "Everyone this is Skye." Wave finally said, presenting the brown chickadee in both of her hands. Yep that does it she's crazy.

Tiny Party

When Wave held the brown backed chickadee, I was indeed surprised. I never took her as a bird person. But something was weird with the bird. The chickadee and light blue eyes. And then it winked at me! All I could do was stare. I mean, I never had a bird wink at me before.

Then the tiny chickadee in Wave's hands, shifted into a five or six year old girl. The toddler had poofy gray hair that's shifts to sky blue. Her twinkling eyes were the color on a clear sunny blue sky. Her face was on the pale side but you know not everyone can tan.

She gave me a goofy smile as Wave tried to hold her in her arms. "Hi I'm Skye! Who's your parent?" Well that's was a great introduction. You ask someone who's their parent when you don't even know their name. Yeah such a good way to start a friendship.

"Um Mark Haywin." Skye gave a slight pot but quickly her smile returned. "So what's your name?" She twisted so she looked at me upside down. I kind of felt bad for Wave, who is really struggling to hold Skye. "Marguerite."

"You need a nickname. Don't you agree Wave. That this girl right here needs a new nickname." Skye tilted her head down so she can weirdly look at Wave. "Yeah sure." She answered not really caring. "Hmmm. Well your short and I can obviously see a wild side to you. Aha!" Skye pointed her pointer finger up.

"Your new name is Tiny Party!" And a sense of relief went through me. At least now I don't have to answer to my name anymore. I'm pretty sure I can get Starfire and Flame to call me that. I like that, I like that very much.

Then Skye's attention turned to Starfire. She managed to scramble out of Wave's hold and hugged Starfire. She started to snuggle her head against Starfire's stomach. While that was happening, Starfire had this hilarious look on her face. It was a mixture of disgust and surprise. But it was really funny when Skye took one long lick of her arm.

"EWW! Did you just lick me!" She tried to pry Skye off of her. Skye giggled and nodded yes. "But you taste so gooood." She wined and squeezed tighter. And Starfire had this look of horror. It was hilarious.

"Wha? What is happening? Who are you? What are you doing in my house?! I swear this isn't a hotel. I don't see a gigantic neon sign out front. Uhh!!!!" Flame started raising her voice and motioning towards the Hut. (Yep I named her house the Hut because why not) "Excuse me! You don't have THE right to talk to me like that." Skye sassed her way to Flame.

"Um you realize I'm like five times you age?" Flame said not believing her. But something about Skye's eyes told me that she was much much older than she was letting on. "Really. So your ten centuries years old. Because last time o checked I'm two centuries old."

Flame looked flabbergasted and yes I know what that means. "Wha? What? I'm done. I've gone crazy. I need to take a nap." Flame went inside, giving up on trying to comprehend what's happening. Too bad she doesn't even know what crazy is even if it it's her face.

"Come Skye, let's find you a room." Wave asked calmly to Skye, bye still no emotion in her eyes. Skye "waved" back to me and scamper to Wave. She grabbed Wave's hand and followed close. Soon after Starfire went after them, leaving me alone.

Luckily Jared found his way out of a window and tackled me. I managed to stay upright with my feathered friend in my arms. I knew for a fact that Jared will always be there for me. After all we're BF/HF; best flamingo slash human friends.

Is it weird that animals like me. Well not all animals. Stupid crows. They
Don't talk back but will always listen. I'm so lucky to have him.

DEFDEFDEFDEFDEFDEFDEFDE

Hello my peeps! Happy New Years(eve) !!!!!!!!

Well there you have it. The gang is all together. So now I should ask you who's your favorite?

The song at the top is Who Made You King Of Anything by Sara Bareilles. It's also Skye's theme song. Tali said it fit her best so here you go.

Hey guys my birthday month is tomorrow. So technically my birthday is next year. Heheheh I'm so funny.

See you all soon my peeps,
—Magpie 😜