Chapter • 26 • Oh Dear Wave, Thats A Wall

Wave

What where am I? I open my heavy eyes to see I was in a holding cell. I couldn't see much because it was dark. I felt numb and weird. I felt very confused and couldn't focus on anything. Everything just seemed loopy if that makes sense.

"Well I see you woken up." A man called out. I tried to turn my head to find him but my body seemed out of it too. I fell to the ground with pain erupting my head. "Oh dear I guess I put too much in your system. Oh well the only part that matters is that your alive." I look up to seem the man crack a Cheshire Cat, the magic cat from Alice in wonderland, kind of smile.

I wonder if I'm in wonderland? I look around the room. Things magically appeared on the walls like purple colored plant and tiny rainbow rhinos. "Stop it!" The man yelled in my ear. But more and more things randomly appeared out of thin air.

"Ow!" I cry. "No need to yell." In my loopy stats I lay down on the ground and bit the wide metal bars. Yuck, this tastes like iron, not chocolate. More random things began to pop out of nowhere and the man just got angrier and angrier. Because a baby yellow alligator popped out of nowhere, I stand up strong. We'll sort of.

Then once I stand up and look at the man, my confused state disappeared and I gather my composure and dignity.

"Duke." I say coldly. The man who holds me captive here goes by the name of Duke. He had jet black hair, and his brown eyes almost matched his hair for they were so dark. I almost smirk at the long scar down his left cheek. I gave it to him after our last encounter. He was tall and lean, and had a too big of ego too. His stance was boldly built. And he gave of vibe of evil and bad luck.

I look behind me and I feel myself pale. Behind me I could see three unconscious bodies. Skye, whimpered and vibrated in her sleep like she was living in a nightmare. And I don't blame her. Starfire had her usual cold face but even with her dark skin looked very pale. Then there was Flame. Her face constricted like she was battling with something. It from what I could see, Tiny Party was nowhere to be seen. That angered me, he was probably running awful tests on her. Just like what he did to Skye.

Guilt and failure swept over me but I wouldn't let him see that. I can't allow him to see me weak. I have to stay strong for them. I turn back to face him. He stood there slightly shaking from laughter. Oh how much I wanted to kill him is too big to even compare. I could've but my magic had been drained to a minimal.

"Oh Wave what are you going to do now huh?" Then I remembered. Iron.

"Oh you shouldn't be so cocky there." His face went straight as he tried to figure out my next move. I put both of my hands on the iron bars and smirked. You see as an alchemist, changing iron into other materials is the first thing you learn and it's also the easiest. It requires a tiny amount of magic.

I say the enchant quickly and the two iron bars turned into salt. The Dukes face whitened. He took a step back as I step forward. As soon as I lung for him, a flock of crows attacked me. And before I knew it, I felt something sharp in my neck. "Well played Wave but this is my game and you must play by the rules." And then everything turned black.

Time Skip

I woke up loopy again. Even in my state, I try my iron to salt thing again. But it wouldn't work. I put my mouth on it again. It still tasted bad but it wasn't iron. I heard a laugh come from somewhere from the shadows. I turn around sharply. "Oh Wave you see because you cheated, I had to make some adjustments. What was iron is now Inconel. A strong powerful alloy used in the most extreme environments. Best part is, it doesn't have any iron in it." He gave out a deep evil laugh.

"You'll pay for this Muke!" I slurred as I raise my my fist at him. Which made him laugh his egotistical laugh once more.

"Oh dear Wave, that's just a wall." I lean closer to see he was right. But then something trippy happened. The stone wall became all rainbow like skittles just threw up on it. And I hear his voice getting closure but I don't know where he is at. "And the name is Duke." Then tiredness took over and I collapsed on the ground, totally unaware what is happening.

Skye

This can't be happening. Not again. I can't do this again. I make myself as small as possible. I felt physically and mentally drained. Everything hurt. I heard a thud in front of me. Taking the risk, I opened my eyes. I screamed when I did. In front of me was Wave. And she looked awful as she layed unconscious.

"We meet again Miss Skye." A deep voice called out from the shadows. I whimpered and tried to go farther in the corner. But when I did, I ran into someone's head. I look beside me to see both Starfire and Flame. I shrieked again. I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"No one can save you now Lady Skye." I could see him clearly now. He loomed over me behind with only metal bars between us. Fear ran through my veins. "Please don't." I cried, pleading him not to do anymore test.

"Don't get your hopes up but you're in luck, I don't need you anymore. I have others now." My eyes widened when I realized what he meant. I look in the cell and I didn't see Tiny.

"No!" I screamed. He laugh.

"You guys are just fun aren't ya. But yes Skye it's true and you can't do anything to stop it." He grinned evilly. I vowed if I got out of this that he'll pay. He'll pay for everything. I tried to stand up but I was too drained to do anything. I felt weak and powerless. I can't save Tiny like this, I can't save anyone.

I'm sorry that I failed you. I mentally apologize to everyone here.

"I would keep quiet if I were you goddess." He spat. "My patience has run thin today and I'm not afraid to make you feel pain. Your just lucky that I have to keep you alive or you'll be dead already." I look up confused. What did he mean he need to to be alive? I shiver at the thought.

He must've read my mind because he gave a sinister laugh. "All in due time will you know Lady Skye. All in due time." And with that he faded from the shadows leaving me in the dark with my unconscious friends. I close my eyes but all I could see was nightmares. It didn't matter anymore because I was living one.

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Hello my peeps! How is everyone today?

Well yeah that chapter just happened.

Any thoughts?

Also I have a job for you guys! What's your guys favorite quote in this book? Please share it with me so everyone can know. Just message me or something. I really want to know your guys favorite quotes.

The song above is Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar

See you all later my peeps,
—Magpie 😜