Chapter • 20 • I'm Done Playing Cat and Mouse Wave.

Wave

I have to protect them. At all cost. Those were my orders from Lady Artemis. They have been floating in my mind as I tried to head back. But something kept distracting me somehow. I don't know how to explain it but it felt like someone was trying to get me off course. And it was working. Every other five seconds I would look over my shoulder. And nothing would be there.

I took out my bow and kept it at my side. I have only a day from leaving the Hunt. Very nice ladies, the new recruits are. Sure they have much to learn but they'll catch along. I spent three day with the Hunters. Hunting and preparing my leave. From that time I have gained some knowledge on what to do next.

But when I'm on nerves, I can't make much distance. I plan to get back in about four or five days. But that's if I can keep my mind on track. But my mind is relentless on making me panic for no reason. I take out my arrow and place it on the string. I crouch and pulled back. Taking a deep breath before releasing the tension on the stein.

It went flying and straight onto a eye of a scrawny hare. I rush towards it and say my Hunting prayer. Once done, I took out the arrow, cleaned it, and put back into my quiver. I grabbed the hate and started a small fire. I watch the hare cook as I offer Lady Artemis, the rest of the remains that I don't need.

I feel the necklace, that Starfire gave me, go cold. I take it out under my shirt and look at it. It glistened as the sun gleamed on it. I smile at it sadly. Starfire is probably worried sick and going to have my neck. But I would prefer that outcome than the one I fear.

Once I ate the hare, cleaned after my mess and continued on. But it didn't last long before the feeling of dread came back into my state of mind. I don't know what's happening to me, I never experience this. Not never, not even that night when everything changed for me. Not even after that dreadful night, when I isolated myself from existence.

I hear a strange bird call. I look up to see tons of crows in the trees above me. Once again, I pull out my bow, ready to grab an arrow if needed. The crows looked at me as if I'm prey. My fingertips brushed the feather, as I quickly counted how many I had. But that didn't matter when I saw even more crows came and perched on the branches. I knew for sure I didn't have enough.

Something hard hit the back of my head, causing me to fall to the ground. "I guess Wave isn't as perfect as she seems." A male said through the trees. I tried to scramble or my bow but it was knocked out of my hands, as were my quiver full of arrows. I look around but all I could see were crows. Tons and tons of crows.

"Show yourself you coward!" I shout out but the voice only laughed.

"Feel helpless Wave? Like that night your mother died." Rage grew deep within myself. "OR should I say killed." He laughed once more. I summon a sword by using ancient magic. No one never talks about my mother like that.

"So Wave what exactly happened that night?" The way he said it made me think he already knew. He's trying to get under your skin. Well its working, just maybe not in his favor. "Did she cry out your name, or did she tell you to run?" I hear rustling happen all around me. I could see the crows grow antsy. As if they can't wait to peck my eyes out.

"Well from what I heard, she did neither. She was praying too hard to even speak to her only daughter. I even heard that she even prayed to the Fates that you'll take her place."

"Lies!" I scream. I felt my eyes go watery as I force the tears down. I will not cry. He shall not see me in pain. But he only laugh at my state.

"Oh Wave, our minds can be deceptive and sometimes can't be trusted. Don't you think she would rather live than have a freak like you as her daughter." He growled.

"SILENCE!" I stood up. I felt lightheaded as I felt blood trickle down my neck. I looked all around for the enemy but I could find only trees and crows.

"Are you calling me a liar-" I turn around sharply, expecting to see a face but non were there. "If I am, then tell me Wave, How did she die Wave?" I could tell he was smiling at me. Just by how his voice sounded so mockingly.

"She died by protecting me. She sacrificed herself to save me from you. Ain't that right." I spite out of pure rage. Suddenly, crows came flying at me and I use my silver sword to kill them all. I drew my sword to my side. It was covered in inky red blood and in a circle around me was dead crows. I took a deep breathe and ran for  my life and the others lives.

The voice called angrily after me. Trees and bushes scratched my body as I pushed them out of my way. I sprinted as fast as I could. I needed to protect them before its too late. Or at least warn Skye about the upcoming dangers.

Once again I felt something hit the back of my head. This time I recognized it as a crow itself. I once more fell to the ground. This time my voice had black spots. I felt I was going to faint. I try to crawl but something pushed me down.

I look straight in front of me to see two black shoes. I feared what would happen next. Trees around me became affected by my magic, by magically bending over. Lightning cracked over the sky even though it was a clear day.

"I'm done playing cat and mouse Wave. You call me a coward. Well at least I don't let my family die." And with those last words, something hard and sharp was banged against my head. Finally knocking me out. But one last prayer, I thought. One last prayer escaped my mouth to protect the ones back at home.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Hello my peeps!

The song above is Running With The Wolves by Aurora. It's also Wave's theme song too.

Yeah I'm updating again because I don't know the next time I can update. So here you go, enjoy it while you can. And if I do manage to finish another chapter, I'll try to publish it either Friday or Monday.

So who do you think kidnaps Wave?

See you all later my peeps,
—Magpie 😜