Chapter • 22 • I Hate...

Starfire

As we ear, the dinner table was quiet. It wasn't the good quiet where peace is nor was it the awkward type of quiet where you just need to escape. No it was just quiet. The one where no one talks and you yourself can't find your voice. Or maybe it was the one where the guilty refuse to speak. Either way, I hated it. I absolutely hate it. It makes me want to yell out my frustrations.

But I don't Well not yet.

As we eat our lasagna, I couldn't but hear every single crunch of Skye eating her salad. It's irritating and I just want to smack out the bowl off the table.

But I don't. I really want to, but I don't.

I glance at Flame. She sits up straight for once and keeping her eyes on her food. Except for the couple glances at Tiny. I know what's she doing. She's going to pretend everything is alright that nothing even happened. I know this because I've seen many times back at the castle. I hate it when people do this. Everytime I see that type of face, I want to create havoc.

But I don't. I'm still recovering from our previous battle. But that doesn't mean I won't do until, I'm fully healed.

And finally there's poor Tiny Party. Her eyes are a tad bit puffy and red. She has been crying. But what for? No one died or got fatal injuries. Maybe she's just one of those saps that can't handle seeing people have a simple dispute. But then it hits me. She's crying over the bird. I internally sigh, things like that happen all the time. Nothing to cry about.

I want to ask her about her accuastion. But I don't. I don't know why, but I simpley don't. Maybe it's because I don't want to make my worries worse. Or my theories to be true.

I look at the seat that once accopied Wave. Not anymore. I thought angrily. Why can't they understand my worries. Why can't they understand that I can't do it by myself no more. I take a deep breath. Winter is near and thats when my powers are at their fullest. If I can't control my emotions that my powers will spike and nothing good when a demigod's powers spike.

I want to leave and look. But I can't. Where would I go first. Artemis is always moving, it seems that only her Hunters can find her. And the Hunters are hard enough to find themsleves! I already tried to find Wave on my own but look how that turned out.

"How you doing Skye?" Flame asked out of nowhere. I was so deep in my thoughts, I almost didn't hear.

"I'm good, thanks. How are you Tiny?" We all turned our eyes to Tiny Party. She looks at us one by one. Starting with flame and ending with me. When she finally looked at me, she looked down nervous. Nervous of what? Me? I don't know if thats good or not.

"I'm fine. What about you Flame?" She finally answers quietly.

"I'm alright thank you." Flame nods her heaed at her. Tiny looks down at her food and starts to pick at it. After that the quietness from earlier came back to take its place at the table.

"Are you kidding me?!" I slam my hands against the tables. They were in fist and ice vaguely surronded them.

"Whats your problem now?" Flame asked irratated.

"My problem?! My problem is that you ignoring me and you're acting like everything is alright." I raise my voice. Hoping it would get through her thick head.