Chapter 3

"Just let me out there." She pointed in front of Miranda's apartment.

Ceaser pulled up directly in front of Miranda's apartment.
"Wait." He told Jules before he got out of the car and before Jules could ask why he was opening her door.

Jules smiled as she stepped out.
"Thank you."

Ceaser smiled.
"So, see you around?"

"Maybe."
Goodness, she was flirting with him.

She couldn't remember the last time she flirted.
"Goodnight and thanks again."

"Anytime." Ceaser watched Jules as she made her way towards the apartment and climbed up the stairs. He rounded the car, got in and drove off.

Jules finally reached Miranda's door then knocked once and waited. No one answered so she knocked again.

"I'm coming." She heard someone yell from inside.

The door finally opened and she saw Sofi.
"Oh my goodness Jules, where have you been? You were supposed to be here minutes ago," she said. "Andy almost called the cops."

"What?" Jules laughed at her friend's humour as she stepped into the cosy apartment.

"Andy, Jules is here," Sofi yelled after she shut the door.

Andy came from one of the bedrooms into the medium-sized sitting room with Ivy.
"Where have you been? I almost called the cops."

"I'm sorry. My car didn't start and there wasn't any available Uber. But I got a ride." Jules said as she took Ivy in her arms and kissed the top of her head.

Sofi went to the kitchen while  Jules and Andy moved to the living room; Andy took the other seat next to her.

"A ride uh?" Sofi asked from the kitchen as she stirred. "With whom?"

Jules realized at that moment that she didn't know who he was and they had met three times.
"I don't know his name." She shook her head, brows furrowed

"Oh, my goodness, didn't anyone ever tell you not to accept rides from strangers and a male stranger at that." Andy said, "Was he hot though?"

Jules laughed
"First of all, he wasn't a stranger, not really." She said, "Secondly, yes, he was hot."

And that was how their girl's night started.

Ceaser couldn't put his finger on it but there was something about her that attracted him to her. She was different from anyone he'd dated, before Bea and anyone he slept with, after Bea.

She was mesmerising and he hadn't been able to stop himself from glancing at her – one look hadn't been enough. He remembered her baby then and he smiled at the irony of his situation, he was admiring someone else's daughter when he never liked kids. Ok, maybe that was a little bit too extreme, but from what he had seen and heard about them, they were loud and messy - two things he hated; Noise and Mess. He'd never thought of having his own kids but Bea's letter had changed that. He wanted to be a father. He wanted to be called dad by his daughter and he didn't just want the title, he wanted everything that came with the title.

A smile tugged at his lips as he pictured a little version of Bea and himself running around in his living room calling him dad and giggling as he chased her.

His smile faded as it occurred to him that he still didn't know her name. They had met three times and he hadn't gotten her name.

He would definitely be seeing her soon.
He thought and a smile tugged at his lips as he pulled up into his garage.