Chapter 47

It was a week from Christmas and Thompson's Publishing was hosting a black and white themed party towelcome in the New Year with friends, family and clients. Everyone was welcomedto the party, friends of friends, families of clients and employees. 

Jules had no idea what Ivy was going to wear to the party. So, she went out shopping with Andy and Sofi.

"What about this one?" Andy asked as she held out a cute black dress.

"No." Jules said "It's too frilly. I want something she'll be comfortable in."

"Like this?" Sofi asked.

Andy and Jules turned to look at Sofi who held out an A-cut white dress with only a tiny black belt on the waist. They all looked at Ivy - who was on Jules' hip - when she cooed at the dress. They all laughed.

"Guess we've found the dress." Sofi said

"Yes, we have" Jules said.

"Now let's pay for it and go get ours." Andy said

A few minutes later, they were in another boutique for women's clothing. Andy, Sofi and Jules were yet to get a dress to wear for the party.

"What do you think?" Sofi held out a white floral length dress that had too many ruffles.

Na-uh.
Jules thought.

"No." Andy voiced Jules' thoughts as she searched the racks

"Definitely not." Jules said.

Sofi sighed and put it back on the rack searching for something else.

"I think I've found mine." Andy said. Sofi and Jules turned to look at her.

She held out a black floral length dress with one shoulder hand, it looked simple but yet elegant.

Jules smiled.

"That's pretty." Sofi said, "You should try it on."

Andy gave a little squeal before she went to the dressing room to try it on.

"I think I've found something for you." Jules said to Sofi.

"Let me see it." Sofi made her way to her.

Jules pulled out a white dress from the rack and held it out for her to inspect. It looked like a wrap dress but it wasn't because of the band at the waist that held the front of the dress in place. It had a deep V cut at the neck and a sort of diamond brooch on the band at the side.

"I love it." Sofi said, smiling.

"Try it." Jules said pushing the dress into her.

Andy walked out a moment later and Jules stared at her.
"Oh. My. Goodness." She said

"I know right." Andy said as she looked at herself in the mirror "It fits perfectly."

Jules smiled.
"It does."

Sofi walked out then and caught sight of Andy.
"Oh. My. Goodness."

Jules smiled
"That's what I said." She turned to Sofi "Wow!"

Andy turned to Sofi
"Get. Out." She said, "You look freaking sexy."

Sofi smiled
"It's a New Year's party." She said as she walked to the mirror, Andy stepping aside for her "Need something to use to get me a good-looking man."

Andy and Jules rolled their eyes with a smile on their faces.

"I guess me too." Andy said and they both turned to her.