Chapter 8

It had been a couple of days since the dinner and he'd done the exact same thing after he showed up at her house the first two times, disappeared for days or even a week and not said anything. It was starting to look like Ceaser had upped and left - run would be more fitting.

Who could blame him though? But it sure did take him a long time before he came to his senses and realized Ivy and her weren't what he wanted in his life.
Jules thought.

She was just a little worried about Ivy because the name 'Dada' had stuck with her and she hadn't stopped saying it.

Jules sighed as she tried to get her head into her work. She hadn't been able to focus for the past hour and the knock on her door made her completely snap out of her thoughts so she couldn't go back to it, which she was thankful for.

"Come in," Jules said still focused on the papers on her desk.

"You never take a break." Jules looked up at the sound of Andy's voice.

"Hey." Jules greeted smiling.

"C'mon get your ass up. We're going for lunch." Andy said

"Is it lunchtime already?" She checked her watch to confirm.

"Yep," Andy answered.

"Darn, I lost track of time." Jules began to organize the scattered sheets of papers on her desk.

"Or yourself," Andy mumbled knowing her friend.

Jules rolled her eyes which made Andy smile.

"What about Sofi?" Jules asked grabbing her purse.

"She already left with Ivy."

"Right. Let's go" They walked out of Jules' office and went to join Sofi and Ivy at the restaurant right across from the company which had been their favourite spot to hang out since they became friends.

The bell chimed as Andy and Jules stepped into the noisy restaurant.

They made their way to their usual table which was reserved for them during the weekdays due to the fact that the restaurant was always crowded around lunchtime and it was hard to get a table. So, they had asked for the table to be reserved for them.

Andy and Jules slid into their seats. Their table was next to the floor to ceiling glass window.

"Already ordered for us," Sofi said.

"Momma," Ivy said from Sofi's lap.

"Hey, beautiful." Jules smiled as she reached over to pick her from Sofi's arms. Jules settled her in her lap and kissed her all over her face which made Ivy giggle.

"Momma," Ivy said when Jules stopped and just stared down at her adorable daughter.

"So, I heard Mr. Thompson hasn't been to work since Monday because of that Russian model he's seeing," Sofi said

"I know for a fact that he isn't seeing anyone right now and besides he has other companies to run Sofi," Andy said.

"Or he has some family matters to handle." Jules suggested "Why am I even contributing to your office gossip. You guys are a bad influence on me."

"It's not gossiping." Andy said, "How many times do you want us to tell you."

"It just sharing..." Sofi began.

"...sharing information you got from someone else." Jules completed "Yea, you told me a billion times but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still office gossip."

Their food arrived then and they dug in. Jules feed both herself and Ivy.

"Not fair," Sofi said "You take the fun out of everything." She sighed giving up on Jules' inability to talk about the news that travel in the office.