Chapter 53

It had been a week since the supposed wedding and Jules hadn't left the comfort of her house. She hadn't picked up a single call and hadn't let anyone into the house except Andy and Sofi who had said they were there for Ivy because they knew she wasn't ready to talk. Sometime between all their visits, they had put it out there that they were only a phone call away. They had also taken Ivy for some nights to give her time alone and she had used it all to cry then think, then cry some more.

She hadn't even thought about going to work because she wouldn't be able to handle the stares and talks. Everyone probably thought Ceaser broke it off with her and she didn't need office gossips to make her emotionally worse than she already was. She had tried to see things from Ceaser's perspective and she had to admit, finding out the way he did was terrible but that gave him no right to direct his anger towards her without knowing her. What hurt was that even after he figured out who she was, he still decided to go on with his plan and if he hadn't fallen in love with her, he would have gone through with his plan and she didn't even want to think about what it would be like to lose Ivy to him.

Jules laid on her side on her bed staring at nothing exactly. Her mind was far away from reality getting lost in her thoughts. She flinched back to reality when her phone buzzed on her side table which she ignored. Then it buzzed again.

What do they want now? They already had Ivy.
Jules thought as she reached for her phone and was up when she saw who it was.

Ceaser.
She had two messages from him. He hadn't tried contacting her since she left him standing in his room and now, she had a message from him.

Jules sighed before she opened the message.

Jules? The first message read.

I know you asked for some space and I'm trying to give you that but it's really hard not being around you. It's been a week and I know that's not enough but please talk to me, that way I know you're fine. The second one read.

Was she fine?
No. No, she wasn't. So, she didn't have to talk to him.

Jules locked her phone and put it back on the table. She got up and went to the kitchen checking the freezer for her Ben and Jerry's Chocolate chip cookie dough. She groaned when she realized she had finished the last one the night before. She slammed the freezer shut and grabbed her keys and wallet not caring about what she looked like. She wanted a Ben and Jerry's ASAP.

Ceaser stared at his phone waiting for a response he was certain he was crazy for expecting. The past week had been a nightmare without Jules and Ivy. He wasn't sure how long he could wait before he went to her but he could guess he was getting there because he sat in his car across her house.

Damn, she had made him a stalker. But he had no choice, he had to see her even if it was once before he went back to the cold dark confinement of his house. He hadn't stepped out until today, he couldn't take it anymore, he had to see her, talk to her, be with her.

Ceaser froze in his seat when her door opened and she stepped out, locked the door and walked down the stairs. She looked so small in the sweat pants and shirt she had on, her hair in a messy bun on top of her head. She was still as beautiful as he remembered her but the sadness on her face was enough to pierce his heart.

He had done that to her. The light she had about her had gone and he had replaced it with sadness.

He watched as she got into her car and drove off. He wanted to follow her and talk to her but he decided against it. He needed to give her the space she wanted and for that, he needed to stay away from her, as much as it was killing him.

Ceaser started the engine and drove off to his house. He needed to distract himself from anything related to her, else he wasn't sure if he'd be able to stay away. He needed to go back to work.

Eric and Selene had been shocked when they found out what happened. They were disappointed in Ceaser for having kept that from Jules and from them but they were ecstatic to find out that Ivy was their granddaughter. As much as they wanted to fix the situation, they held back from interfering. It wasn't their problem and Jules had to take all the time she needed before she was ok to talk it out with Ceaser, if she wanted to talk it out with him.

As for Ivy, they had gotten in touch with Sofi and Andy and were pleased to find out that they had Ivy for a few days. They had invited them over and were excited to be seeing Ivy since the day of the would-be wedding.

Sofi and Andy hadn't called in to check with Jules if it was ok taking Ivy to go see Selene and Eric because they knew she needed time to herself and she would be ok with it. She had a problem with Ceaser, not his parents.

They found out from Jules what had happened the day after the wedding was supposed to take place and they didn't know what to tell her. They were shocked into speechlessness, they hadn't said anything after she told them. They didn't know how he could have thought of doing something like that to someone he didn't even know. Jules had tried explaining to them that he was mad at Bea but regardless of that, he had just decided to destroy her life and leave her to suffer alone.

As they had been to work, they had heard the gossip that Jules was dumped by Ceaser and that's why she hadn't shown up at work. Even though they knew the truth, they couldn't say anything and telling Jules about the gossip was out of the question as she already had too much on her plate. They were just glad she wasn't at the office to hear them.