Chapter 27

You know that feeling when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar?

Not that Ceaser ever had...who was he kidding.

He was caught off guard but then, he should have expected it. He had no other option than to tell her the truth. The whole truth.

"Ceaser?" Jules pulled away from him and looked at him.

This was it. No turning back.

"Jules, I'm..."

"Mama?" Ivy's gentle voice interrupted him.

Jules and Ceaser turned to the bed.

Jules' face lit up as she took the seat Ceaser had pulled out for her and took Ivy's small hand in hers. Ceaser sat at the foot of the bed.

Ivy noticed Ceaser and smile
"Dada." Ivy said and Jules gave Ceaser a glance and he hadn't failed to notice the questions that still remained unanswered in her eyes.

"Hey, honey." Jules turned back to Ivy.

"Mama." Ivy's wrinkled her face and Jules frowned.

"I'll get the doctor." Ceaser said before he got off the bed and left the room.

Jules watched Ceaser walk out of the room and let out a sigh.

He would be a great dad someday.
Jules thought.
What? Where the heck did that come from?

"Mama?" Ivy called.

Jules smiled at her
"Yes, honey?"

"Dada." She pointed at the door.

"He went to get a doctor, honey." Jules held Ivy hand in hers till Dr. Kelly was back.

"Well, well. Looks like our little patient is in a hurry to go home." Dr. Kelly said as she walked in with Ceaser behind.

"I'm not sure about that." Jules said

Dr. Kelly went around to the other side a smile on her face as she examined Ivy. She pressed Ivy's stomach and watched her reaction until Ivy's face turned into a deep frown.

"Does it hurt?" Dr. Kelly asked her

Ivy's face scrunched up.

"Ok." Dr. Kelly said after she examined and wrote some things in the chart before she faced Ceaser and Jules "The pain she has isn't all that bad, and it'll go after a while. As I said, all she needs is rest and a lot of water and she'll be back to her old self in no time."

"Thank you so much." Ceaser said

"Just doing my job, Mr. Jenna."

Mr. Jenna?!

Jules stared at Dr. Kelly in shock just the same way Ceaser did.

"Can we take her home now?" Jules asked before she let her thoughts stray further.

"Of course." She said before looking at Ivy "Take care little one."

"Mr. Jenna." Ceaser said to himself after Dr. Kelly left and Jules tried to hold back her laughter as she bit on her lip, but a giggle slipped out.

"Dada?" Ivy called.

"Hey, munchkin." He walked over to Ivy "We're going home, right away." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek as Jules just watched them, all sense of humour had vanished from her.

After they had checked Ivy out, Ceaser got into the driver's seat after he had closed the door after Jules got in. He didn't want to drop Jules off at her house but what could he say.