Chapter 46

Days passed and turned into weeks. Weeks into months and soon the year was coming to an end. Ceaser and Jules had gotten the time to know more about each other. She had told him about Ben and he had told her about Bea leaving out the thing that could destroy what they had. Jules had gotten used to being the boss in the department and also with working closely with Ceaser and seeing more of him at work and then later after. Her life was filled with him and she was loving every second of it.

Christmas came around and Jules was even more excited about it than she had been at the start of the year when she had Ivy. She wasn't only spending the day with Ivy but with Ceaser, his parents, Sofi, Andy and a lot of other people at Ceaser's parents' place for a small celebration. Ceaser had invited her to his place after and Sofi and Andy being Sofi and Andy had requested to have Ivy for the night.

Jules was nervous the whole ride to his place. Ceaser hadn't said anything since they left and he seemed lost in his thoughts. She hadn't stopped glancing at him and she finally gave up and just blatantly stared at him with her head against the headrest. Ceaser used all the control he had not to look at her. He could feel her gaze penetrating his skin and as much as he wanted to look at her, he knew he wouldn't make it home. He finally pulled up in his garage and turned the engine off then pausing a moment before he got out of the car and went around to get the door for Jules who still had her eyes on him. She placed her hand in his when he reached for hers and got out of the car.

"Thank you." She said wondering why he was being quiet.

Don't look. Don't look. Don't look.
Ceaser said the mantra in his head as he took her to the front door. When she had shown up at his parents', his heart did a double-take at the sight of her. She was in a white dress that had gotten his rapt attention and he hadn't been able to look away all night but now he had to else, he wouldn't be able to see his plan through.

Jules and Ceaser stepped into his house and he shut the door behind them.

"Why is it so dark in here?" Jules asked as her eyes adjusted to the darkness "I'm turning the lights on."

"Don't." Ceaser said too quickly as he yanked her to him by her hand "Just stick to me. I'll turn it on."

Jules followed Ceaser in the darkness, she knew every inch of his place so she wasn't scared of falling in her black five inches stiletto strappy heel.
"What's going on?" She asked as Ceaser took her to the living room.

"Stand here and close your eyes."

"It's dark, why do I need to close my eyes?" She asked, impatient.

"Just do it." He said behind her, hands on her arms

Jules laughed.
"Are we role-playing a Nike ad?"

Ceaser smiled in the dark as he squeezed her arms
"Close them." He whispered near her ear and smiled when she didn't say anything else.

He walked to the switch and turned the lights on, smiling all along.
"Open them." He said.

Jules sighed and opened her eyes, her smile falling as a surprised expression covered her face.
"You got a tree."

Ceaser smiled as he walked towards her.
"I did."

Jules had been telling him to get one and he had said it was just tacky and space and time-consuming. But it meant a lot to her, so he had gotten it at the last minute.

"You like it?"

"I love i..." Jules turned to look at him but stopped when she saw the rest of the room. It was completely decorated. "Ceaser?"

Ceaser had his eyes fixed on her face as he watched the emotions playing on her face.

"Ceaser, it's beautiful."

Ceaser and gone completely out and gotten a decorator for the entire Christmas decoration. He had done it for her and he was glad to see the happiness on her face and in her eyes when she looked at him. Jules smiled and walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you." She said, "Ivy would love it even though it would be going down soon, she would love it."

"Do you?"

"You know I do." She said looking down at his lips and back up into his eyes.

They both sighed.

She had to tell him.
Jules thought.

He had to tell her.
Ceaser thought.

"I love you."

They both stared at each other in shock having confessed their feelings to each other at the same time. A smile crept to both their faces and soon it was lit up like the tree. Ceaser's hand went up to her waist.

"You first." Ceaser said

Jules felt her cheeks heat up.
"I've been wanting to tell you that for a while, I just never found the right time." She said, "This moment felt perfect." She paused "I love you Ceaser, more than I can possibly imagine and I was scared you wouldn't feel the same way I do but turns out you do."

"I do." He said "How can you think I wouldn't be in love with you? You're kind, smart, selfless, exceptionally beautiful in all the ways that matter and most importantly, you're an incredible mother." He paused. "I love you. For the woman you are, the mother you are and the amazing lover you are."

Jules was out of breath with just staring into his eyes and hearing his words of love.
"I love you so much." She said and sealed it with a kiss.

Ceaser woke up the next morning in his room with Jules next to him. He smiled the second he saw her, his heart smiling along with him. He watched her for a moment before he reached over and brushed her hair from her face and her eyes blinked open. It took Jules a second to have everything coming back to her and she smiled.

"Good morning." She stretched in her bed.

"Morning, love." She blushed at the endearment as she shifted closer to him taking the covers around her with her.

Ceaser made room for her in his arms and soon she was partially on top of him, her front to his side, his hand in her hair, hers on his chest drawing with her finger and her leg across his and trapped between both of them. They stayed in silence, taking in the feel of each other.

"I know you told me not to ask this again but..."

Jules waited.
"But what?"

"Move in with me?"

Jules' finger stopped on his chest as she lifted her head and looked at him.
"I thought you'd never ask again." She smiled

Ceaser frowned with a smile on his lips
"I thought you didn't want me to ask again."

"I might have said that but I didn't mean it." She said, "There is something you just have to figure out yourself." Jules placed her head back on his chest.

Ceaser stared at the ceiling, face wrinkled up.
He was never going to understand the women mind. More importantly, Jules'.