Chapter 18

The rest of the week went by in a blur for Jules. It was too fast and yet too slow.

Too fast because she was dreading a very particular day of the week - Friday. A day where everyone was supposed to be excited to end and finally shut down for the week and go have fun with friends. A day that ended the stressful week they've had, leading to - hopefully - a promising weekend. She dreaded what used to be her favourite day of the week all because of a certain someone.

It was also too slow because she couldn't wait to get - what she was supposed to do on Friday - over with. She couldn't wait to get it done and forget about it and begin looking forward to dreading the following Friday of every other week to come till the end of her career. Sadly.

Ughhh! Why did he have to do this to her?
She thought.

Now it was official, she hated Fridays.

There was a knock on her office door.

"Yes?" She answered as she tried to go over what happened to be the final file of the week.

"Jules, I'm leaving." Jules looked up to find Alice at the door.

"Oh?"

Alice smiled at her
"You don't know what time it is, do you?"

Jules shook her head.
"Nope." She replied popping the 'p'.

"Well the time says, it's a Friday and I have to go party. TGIF?"

Jules sighed
"Well, I'm going to TGIF when Mr. Thompson has signed these contracts and I'm on my way home."

"Well, you should call it a week and pack up. Everyone's gone." Alice said

"Ok. Thanks, Alice."

"Anytime boss." She said leaving.

"Have fun." Jules said looking at the file in front of her "For two." She added to herself.

Half an hour later, Jules was done with the final file. She packed up everything. Cleared her desk and picked up the contracts that needed to be signed. She turned the lights off as she exited her office. She walked through the lobby to the elevator and pushed the button and waited patiently for it.

She couldn't wait to see Ivy. Andy and Sofi had taken her to their place. It was kind of a bummer that her Fridays were going to be like that. She wished she could do something about it but she had gone through the contract she signed when Ceaser took over and there was a clause that stated 'CEO's decisions are final. Anything work-related can be altered by the CEO alone and employee(s) is/are to adjust to the change(s) else employee(s) risk(s) getting fired.' Or something along those lines.
She figured he put that clause in because of what happened when Freddie Danfort was still the CEO. Freddie has issued a change in the way random authors were selected for publication but the Vice President had preferred the previous ways of doing things and went against Freddie which made the company lose a lot of money. Freddie had borrowed money and gotten shareholders but nothing worked.

The elevator dinged open breaking Jules from her train of thought, she got in and pushed the button to the underground floor - the parking lot.

Ceaser had given Claire his address to be given to her so all she had to do was put that into her GPS. Not her definition of fun for a Friday night but who could she argue with. She loved her job and she didn't want to risk getting fired just because she couldn't deliver contracts to be approved and signed by the CEO.

Minutes later.
...Turn left. Drive a mile ahead. You have reached your destination.

Jules parked her car in front of what was supposed to be Ceaser's house. She took the contracts and car keys before she got out of the car. She locked it and looked around the lit-up street. It was a very posh place to live and she wasn't surprised. Jules walked on the paved path towards the front door of the undeniably beautiful one storey house in front of her.