Chapter 24

That morning, Ceaser was having a good chat with his high school buddy Jake Connor after so long.

"...that scoundrel." They laughed at the story Jake told Ceaser about another friend of theirs.

"How's Stacy?" Ceaser asked about his friend's wife.

"Doing fine. After her sister's passing a year ago, she's had to take care of her year-old niece Leslie; being her sole guardian. It wasn't an easy year for her."

"How's your son taking it?"

"Dave doesn't really care, he gets back from pre-school and goes straight into his room. He's been quiet, loves Leslie like a sister though, very protective of her."

Ceaser smiled.
"Sounds like his dad."

Jake smiled.
"What about you? Anyone special?"

Ceaser couldn't help smiling just thinking about Jules.

"I see." Jake said, "Who is she?"

"Her name's Jules..." Ceaser was cut short when someone barged through his door.

"I'm sorry Mr. Thompson, she just walked right past me," Claire said

Ceaser stood and stared at the woman in question.
"It's ok Claire. Thank you." Claire left the office as Ceaser fixated his gaze on a woman who looked like she was out for blood.

She looked hotter and that made him smile.

"Don't give me that smug smile of yours." Jules warned.

Jake cleared his throat and that was when Jules noticed the other person in the room with them.

Her anger deflated to a certain level.
"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's ok." Jake got up and button his jacket "I'm Jake Connor."

Jules shook his hand.
"Jules Jenna." He was handsome with his designer suit, a body that looked buff even through the suit he had on and that smile. But compared to Ceaser, Jules found him not up to par.

"Jules?" Jake shot Ceaser a glance. "Well, I was just on my way out, you can have this idiot for as long as you want."

Ceaser laughed behind his desk.

"It was nice meeting you Jules, I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of each other," Jake said to her. "We'll catch up some other time."

"Damn straight," Ceaser said as he went towards Jake and did the manly hug. "My regards to Stacy and your little one."

Jake gave a curt nod before he left them alone.

Ceaser sighed before he turned to Jules.
"Couldn't wait to see me?" Ceaser joked.

"No actually, couldn't wait to dissect you." Jules said her anger coming back to the surface.

"Uff, sounds dirty."

"You know what else sounds dirty?" She asked him as she walked towards him and slammed the paper into him "Today's headlines."

Ceaser's brows furrowed as he took the paper and checked the headlines.

Billionaire Ceaser T-hump-son about to hump mystery Lady?

Ceaser swore.
"I'll get this fixed." He told her.

"How would you fix this?"

"Do you trust me?" He asked her.

Jules paused and sighed.
"Should I trust you?"

No.
Ceaser wanted to say.
"I'll fix this. I promise." He said before he left her standing alone in his office.

Everything was going so well.