7 Sweet Blood

"Poisoned?! Then I'll suck it out!" She went for Karlheinz neck.

"Don't you'll get poisoned too." He smiled at her weakly.

"Karl-sama!" She wept in his arms.

"Don't worry my children. I won't lose to this petty sickness." He painfuly grinned as he closed his eyes.

"Father please explain to us what that attack was." Reiji narrowed his eyes.

"Reiji-sama. Karl-sama just-" She was cut short.

"Let me explain." So he did. After that he passed out due to exhaustion.

"That's why..." Reiji put a hand on his chin.

"Why didn't you tell us in the first place?!" Ayato growled.

"We could have helped. Right, Teddy?" Kanato squeezed Teddy.

"That's right! We could have helped in the fight!" Subaru rolled his eyes.

"You can't...we don't know what they're after. It is my duty to protect you all." She whispers.

"Melody...we know this but..." Shu scratched his head.

"Forget about that. What are we going to do with Father?" Laito raised a brow.

"I don't know..." Reiji stared at the floor.

"Take me to Saiki." Karlheinz spoke. "She will know how to heal me."

"But to go there will take you at least a month you know?" Subaru leaned against the wall.

"I know. But that is the only way." He coughed.

"Karl-sama please don't talk anymore." Her eyes pleaded. "Please rest easy. I will accompany you to whoever she is."

He nodded and closed his eyes.

"Saiki is our family's healer." Ayato spoke.

"Is she a vampire?" She asks.

"Yeah. She's really good at healing." Kanato stared at her blankly.

"I see...where does she live?"

"Far away little kitten. But it could be worth the trip." Laito sighs.

"But who will go there with him?" Subaru asks.

"I will go." Everyones eyes fell on her. "It was my weakness that caused this. I need to bring him."

"But you can't do this alone!" Reiji grabbed her wrist.

"Reiji-sama. If I may ask, vampires can turn into bats right? I will take him there. Please do not stop me." Her eyes showed saddness. "I will be apart from everyone for a while but please take care of yourselves. I will leave with him tomorrow morning."

She left the room with tears in her eyes. None of them tried to stop her. They knew what

"Will we really let her leave alone like that?" Kanato looked at his brothers.

"I wouldn't like the little kitten to leavd so suddenly." Laito ruffled his hair in fustration.

"I can't agree with her." Reiji pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I agree! She can't leave by herself!" Ayato shouted.

"It's true. She can't just leave like that." Subaru sighs.

"I think she should go." Shu spoke up and everyone stared wide eyed at him. "She knows how to take care of herself. None of us can actually go out because of the recent attacks. She's the safest option there is."