40 Getting Ready

If you were wondering why your phone was having so many notifications it was because of me. I think wattpad changed something and whenever you unpublish a previous chapter then publish it again it will appear on the latest chapter you have posted even it if was like 5 chapters behind. I had to fix it because of my OCD and the story just wouldn't work. So sorry for the disturbance, so here is a chappie.

______________________________________

She turned around to see Richter.

"What do you want?" She turned away from him.

"I just wanted to tell you about your dress for our wedding." He snaked his arm around her waist which she despised.

The gesture might have been sweet if it was Shu who did it but it was their uncle. She wanted to strangle the man right now if possible but she can't.

"Anything would do. I don't really care." She looked up on the moon sadly.

"Come on. You need to be happy." Richter kissed her neck.

She didn't reply anymore. Richter took the opportunity and bit her neck. He continued drinking until she was weak on her knees.

"Sorry about that." He swooped her up.

I know he's not really sorry.

She rolled her eyes and let him carry her to her room.

"Tomorrow we shall be the rulers of this world." He kissed her forehead. "Good night."

"Mm." She turned around to let her back face him.

Richter exited the room leaving her and Hina alone on the bed. She closed her eyes and prepared for her worst nightmare to occur tomorrow.

In the Sakamaki manor the brothers mentally and physically prepared themselves for the fight to come. Reiji trained himself in swordsmanship, rarely seen. He asked Subaru to help him and he was more than welcome to train as well. The triplets Ayato, Kanato and Laito exercised together and train in hand to hand combat, though Laito and Kanato are usually unactive they were motivated to take her back. Shu, the laziest of all is actually mentally training. He was meditating in his room making his mind clear of all distractions and focusing on one goal. To save her.

For everyone that day passed faster than any normal day. For Melody, it felt like she just closed her eyes for a second and before she knew it Hina was waking her up.

"Big siss!" Hina whispered in her ear.

"Mmmgh?" She opened her eyes groggily and saw Hina looking down at her. "What's wrong Hina?"

"There is food on the table! A man brought it in."

"A man?"

"I only saw his back. I'm sure he is not that old guy."

"Old guy?" She chuckled.

"The one your going to marry." Hina explained.

"I see...thats good." She thought of an idea. "Hey Hina, if we manage to get out of here do you want to be my flower girl if I get married?"

"Flower girl!!!" Hina looked at her with bright hopeful eyes.

"Yep! Though it's just a wishful thinking. What do you say?" She smiled.

"I want!!!" Hina jumped on bed like a excited kid.

"Hahaha! Let's look forward to that day." She gave her a sad smile.

"I'm glad to see you awake." Richter opened the door.

"At least knock will you?" She said with a glare.

"We will be husband and wife soon so there is no need to worry." Richter kissed her hand. "Some women will bring your dress here later on and doll you up."

"Okay." She wiped her hand on her shirt.

"The next time we meet will be at the altar." He bowed and exited the room.

"He's creepy." Hina mumbled.

"I know he is." She patted her head.

"I really don't like that old guy." Hina hid under the sheets.

"I have to take a bath. Go to your father. He must be worried about you. Be careful okay?"

"Okay!" Hina jumped off her bed and ran out the door.

She got her clothes and went in the shower. She felt especially dirty today so she took longer in the shower than usual. Having her last shower of being free felt more emotional that she could ever feel. Something broke inside her and she knew it, only she didn't know how to fix it.

She got out of the shower and got dressed in her robe. As soon as she stepped out of the bathroom she encountered three females. Her desk had a very large suit case like thing which held tons and different kinds of make up brushes and powders. While on another side she notices some hair pin accessories and a curling iron. Another part of the room had a female hang a bunch of beautifully decorated dresses and she must admit, Richter had a good taste in dresses. Got to give him that.

"Um?" She raised a brow.

"Oh!"

"Hello! Richter sent us to glam you up!" The girl who was fixing up the dresses came up to her and did a cute curtsy with her dress.

"Please sit right hereee!" The other girl who was fixing the case of hair pins on the side, grabbed a chair and made her sit on it.

"Oh, okay." She reluctantly sat down.

"Would you like heavy or light make up?" Another girl picked up some foundation colors to her face to try and find a matching skin color.

"Average...I suppose." She shrugged. "I don't really know much about make up, so you can make me how ever you wish."

"Are you sure?" The girl grabbed a primer for her skin.

"Yep." She closed her eyes and let her make up get done.

"Alright then!" The girl chirpped. "Alex, Roxy get her hair curled and put up the remaining dresses!"

"Okay, Diane!"

While she was getting her make up done her hair was being curled for styling later on. She wanted to strike a conversation with the sweet ladies.

"Hey, Diane right?"

"Yes?" She could feel Diane smile, with her eyes closed.

"Who is Richter to you girls?" She asked.

She felt the activity in her room come to a pause. There were no more dresses shuffling, no more touching or hair and the feeling of the make up brush for her eyes went away. She opened her eyes to see the sour faces on their sweet faces.

"He...saved us.." Diane said.

"Yet..." Alex continued.

"We don't feel in loyal to him..." Roxy murmured.

"He doesn't treat you girls well does he?" She didn't need an answer considering the look on their faces. They quickly resumed their work in a slower pace. "I've seen what he's done first hand. You probably thought that I was that kind of man, thats why you came in here with such forced smiles."

"We didn't really mea-"

"Hahaha! It's fine! I would think the same if someone were to marry a man like him."

"A man...like him?" Roxy questioned.

"Yeah. Rude. Obnoxious. Weird. I mean you know." She chuckled. "I'm just being forced for this marriage."

"He forced you? Why?" Alex asked.

"It's quite complicated, so tell me your stories instead. I want to know how he treats his people and I want to change that."

~