30 I want to Believe

I accidentaly published this part when it wasn't even finished yet. I'm sowii
_____________________________________

She knocked on the door of the youngest brother.

"Kanato-sama?"

"Hm?" He opened the door with a drowsy look. "Ah, Melody."

"Can I come in?"

He only nodded and opened the door to let her in.

"May I tend to your injuries?" She brought out her med kit.

Kanato sat on his bed with Teddy laying beside him. He nodded and she started to clean his wounds.

Out of all the brothers Kanato was the least injured so it took only a short time to fully clean his wounds. She noticed that he was rubbing his neck with his hand time to time. She took a hold of his hand and he gave her a questioning look.

"Does it hurt?" She inspected his neck closer and saw there was a purple-red mark on his neck. "That man..."

"I'm fine. Teddy says it would heal in time." Kanato snatched his hand back gently.

"Let me at least put something to make it heal faster." She grabbed a specific ointment. "Jasmine taught me how to tend to my own wounds. This should work."

She rubbed the cool ointment on his neck. He shivered slightly from the cool touch of the medicine.

"You don't have to do this." Kanato spoke making her pause for a moment.

"What do you mean?" She continued applying the medicine.

"Teddy says you don't have to take care of us."

"But I want to." She smiled. "It's my job after all."

"You can leave this place and be free if you want." Kanato hugged Teddy.

"I have no intentions of leaving you all on your own. I can't imagine the state of this place if I left." She chuckled.

Kanato kept quiet as she started to fix her stuff. She always thought of going out, but she had her priorities. It's not as if she hated the place, sometimes she just felt caged.

"I'll get going." She placed a hand on the door handle. "Don't strain yourself too much."

"Mm." Kanato laid on his bed just as she closed the door.

She slowly made her way towards the eldest brother out of them all. She was unsure on how to face him, so she took her time. Just as she was about to knock the door was suddenly opened.

"You took too long. I got tired of waiting for you." Shu looked at her.

"I'm sorry, Shu-sama. I had to tend to everyone's injuries."

"Hurry up." Shu fully opened the door to let her in.

Shu sat on the bed lazily as she started to work. There was an awkward atmosphere between them, but none of them wanted to break it. She finally gathered the courage and spoke.

"Shu-sama...is what Richter said true?" She refused to meet his eyes.

"Who knows." Shu replied, not a single care was heard in his voice.

"Tell me Shu-sama. I deserve to know." Her voice got stern.

Shu only ignored her and closed his eyes. She snapped. She needed answers and she wanted it now.

"Tell me!" She grabbed his collar and pulled it close to her face.

"It's true!" Shu also snapped as he glared at her harshly. "You keep yapping and yapping it's annoying!"

"I need to know the truth! I have a right to know that!" She screamed.

"You want the truth?! Here it is! What Richter said was true! We are drinking from you, so that you get weaker! Your just food to us nothing more! If you ever thought that you were even a part of this, we so call 'family' then your wrong! Your just an outsider who gained pity from me and my father! Your just a troublesome maid who can't do anything!" Shu was now panting hard from all that he said.

She was shocked. What he said sent a million arrows aiming at her heart. His words hurt her deeply she was about to cry, but she held her ground and looked at him straight in the eye. They never fought like this, never.

"I see...so that's how you thought of me all this time. It seems like I was the only one who was enjoying our time together." She got her med kit. "If I leave maybe you all could be happier. If I wasn't here maybe all of you wouldn't have gotten hurt. Maybe if I get away from this place...I could be free."

Shu just fully registered what he said and he regretted it.

"Oi th-"

"Don't say anything!" She slammed her med kit shut with a loud noise. "Your already finished and don't even say that you don't want me to leave, because it's my choice. I'm staying here for the sake of the promise I made with Karl-sama, remains. Once his wish is granted I will leave this place and you will never hear from me again." Just as she was about to grab the door handle the door opened a bespectacled male.

"What's the commotion all about?" Reiji appeared at the door with his usual stern expression.

"Nothing." She replied rather bitterly.

Reiji knew that something happened. Judging from their red faces and shouting, heard from the outside, that they had a fight. He decided it was best not to pry.

"I already informed about this to the others, but we won't be going to school today. Considering these heavy injuried I doubt that we could get away with these, so I decided not let everyone go."

"Alright..." She mumbled.

She wanted to get away from the room and away from the two. Every step she took was heavy, so heavy that it the whole building somewhat started to shake. It's been a while since someone drank from her, so her power was overflowing. She didn't know that she was creating a mild earthquake due to anger clouding her mind.

What the heck is his problem?!

She slammed her door shut and threw herself on her bed. She took a deep breath before screaming her lungs out. No, she was not crying. She was too strong to cry over raised voices and arguments.

The whole day she spent inside her room, not wanting to see anybody's face or she would risk hurting them even more.

While she was holed up in her room, the brothers had dinner. They all ate in silence knowing the argument that happened between Shu and Melody. Displeased with the atmosphere Subaru got his untouched food and went away.

The brothers didn't say anything and kept eating. This was normal for them. They would eat with no conversation going on. It had always been this way when Melody was not around.

"Melody? You in here?" Subaru knocked on her door.

~