48 Alive

"Shu! We fini-" Reiji's sentence was cut short when he saw Shu hugging the dead body of Melody. "Oi Shu. What is the meaning of this?" 

"She's dead." Shu stated sadly.

The pain in his chest did not disappear. Was it the poison or the regret of losing a loved one? Both.

"What the f*ck are you talking about Shu?!" Subaru with Ayato grabbed his collar and banged him against the wall with their super human strength.

"How did she die when SHE WAS WITH YOU?!" Even the prideful Ayato was crying.

"Shu, you know this is affecting us all now SPEAK!" Laito, who rarely gets serious, was now more than serious.

"She stabbed herself..." Was only Shu's response. He felt guilty. Very guilty. But he was not to blame. No one was.

"TELL US!" Kanato gripped Teddy tighly that it caused a rip on his stomach area.

"I TOLD YOU SHE STABBED HERSELF!" Shu lost it. His face was filled with tears, which never happened before.

What happened to he lazy guy who didn't care for others? What happened to the person who tend to snob on people? He was gone. It was like his childhood self was showing.

"She died okay...? Because of me.."

"No...no no..." Subaru went to her side and flipped her spiritless body. "My blade did this to her?" He was shaking in fear and regret for giving her that knife.

"Subaru..." Reiji gripped his shoulder. "This is not your fault. It is no ones."

You could feel the heavy atmosphere inside the room they were in.

"We cannot do anything for her anymore." Laito sadly looks at her form.

"She's smiling...Teddy, why is she smiling?" Kanato took teddy in his arms.

"Because she is relatively a happy person." Reiji took a hold of Kanato's shoulder. "Come on."

"Alright..." His grip on Teddy lessened and he relaxed.

"I'll get the antidote I made...maybe it could work..." There was not a hint of hope in Reiji's voice.

Shu only nodded as his brothers left the room. When they left he brought her body and placed it gently on her bed.

"Hey...come on. You promised me right? We made a promise right? You can't just leave me hanging..." Shu caressed her forehead, pushing away stray strands of hair.

"Here. Let her drink it." Reiji tossed him the vial of antidote and he caught it perfectly. "I'll tell Hina. Once she gets here. Subaru called the school earlier and they said she will be arriving soon."

"Okay...thanks, Reiji." Shu muttered.

Reiji left the room to tend to his own business.

"HEY! We heard that Melo-" Roxy teleported in the room with the other three girls.

"Wait-...Oh my god...we're too late." Alex cupped her hands over her mouth.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening!" Diane ran to her side, opposite of Shu, and shook her shoulders. "Hey! Your just sleeping right?!"

"Diane! Stop!" Alex and Roxy pulled her away.

"She can't be dead! This must be a huge mistake!" Diane fought against their grip and failed to. "No...please...she can't just-"

"I can sense it. Her heartbeat...is gone." Roxy stated bitterly.

"Judging from the wound on her chest and her expression...she must have killed herself am I right?" Alex stated analytically.

Shu nodded.

"I see..."

"If she died like that." Roxy pointed to her smiling face. "Then she must have been happy. Shu."

He turned his head to look at them.

"We entrust her body to you."

"Don't you harm her."

"Or we'll fight back."

"I know..." Shu tightly clenched his fist.

"That's good..." Diane calmed down. "Then we'll get going. Tell us when the funeral is going to be held."

"Of course."

"Then goodbye." They disappeared the moment they stepped outside the room.

Shu stayed by her side the whole time, until moments passes and Hina came inside the room.

"Big sis...?" Hina walked up to the bed on where she layed. "Big bro? Is big sis sleeping?"

"Yes, she is." Shu's expression softened. "She won't be waking anytime soon, so why don't you go to Reiji first and play with him?"

"Okay!" She whispered shouted and went out of the room, skipping.

"Dammit Reiji, you couldn't tell her could you?" Shu tightly gripped his hair. "I can't take care of her by myself...please. Melody...wake up..."

A moment of silence passed.

"Come on...please...just wake up. I promise I won't be rude to you. I promise I'll take care of Hina as if she were our child and if we ever have a child I promise I'll treat her like a princess. I promise you that we'll gert married in the grandest way possible. I promise that I won't ever make you suffer as I had...so please. Open your eyes..." Shu dipped his head and let their foreheads touch. Slowly and gently he kissed her dried yet longing lips that he always wanted.

As if she heard the promises he made, her heart began pumping.

~

Huehuehhuehhh❤ sorry if you guys got scared over the last chappie❤ the next probably will be the last chapter so be prepared.

Maybe not...depends on the future me😉