8 Goodbyes

Finally she went to the living room where Karlheinz in his bat form, was resting. The Sakamaki brothers sat down on the couch expecting her to come soon.

"Goodmorning everyone." She smiled at them despite knowing she will be leaving them soon.

They all greeted her but had sad expressions plastered on their faces.

"Everyone please don't be sad. I heard from Karl-sama that a girl will be sent here in about a couple of years." She said.

"A..girl?" Kanato tilted his head with an angry expression.

"No other girl can replace you!" Ayato crossed his arms.

"You can't be replaced by some petty human girl." Laito narrowed his eyes.

"I am half-vampire and half-human, Laito-sama. I won't be away long. Maybe I could be back sooner." She tried to reassure them but oh hell no she could not have ever been more wrong in her life.

"But you promise to come back as fast as possible okay?" Subaru's expression softened.

"You better be safe out there." Reiji pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I promise I will be back." She bowed and walked towards the poisoned bat. "Karl-sama...we are about to leave." She scooped him in her arms and rested his tiny body in her arms.

"Melody..." Shu the person who hasn't spoken since she entered the room.

"Yes, Shu-sama?" She looked back.

"Promise me something..." He leaned in and whispered in her ear. "---------------"

Her face turned into a deep red color. She nodded her head slightly to his promise.

"I'll miss you." He also looked pink from his own words. He enclosed her in a hug.

"I'll miss you too and everyone else." She closed her eyes to enjoy the last few moments of his warm chest.

"This is unfairr~He only gets to hug her?" Laito pouted playfully.

"It is quite infair indeed." Reiji nodded.

"Why can't she hug me too?" Kanato squeezed teddy.

"Yea! Why does Shu only get hugs?" Ayato growled in jealosy.

"That's unfair Melody." Subaru said.

"A-alright everyone!" She gave each of them a hug and finally went to the door. "Ayato-sama, Laito-sama, Subaru-sama, Kanato-sama, Reiji-sama, Shu-sama... good bye. I promise to bring him back alive and well!" She bowed as she exited the door to find the specified healer.

As years passes by...

"NO NO NO!" She frantically searched for the antidote.

"M..elo..dy..." He reached his arms out to grab her.

"Please! Not yet!" She trashed the place trying to find the antidote.

"W-what's going on??" Upon the pile a girl with messy hair shot up. "The antidote?!" She pushed her glasses up and searched with her.

"Come...h..ere..." He said weakly.

"****-sama!" She knelt down and clasps his hands telling him he would survive.

"Don't worry about me." He coughed. "I'll be leaving you soon...You've prolonged my life long enough....but now it ends." He looked so sickly to think a small poison cut out there could kill a pure breed vampire scared her.

"No no no. You can't die yet! Please!" Tears streamed down her cheeks as he smiled softly at het and gently wipped away her tears.

"Don't cry my child." He smiled painfully.

"I FOUND IT!" The bespectable girl held out a small vial filled with magical healing properties.

"I love you all...especially my sons...promise me that you would fullfil their wishes, ok..ay?" He opened his eyes one last time. "Smile for me will you?" He drew his last breath.

"NO NO NO!" She shook his lifeless body trying to take her misery out.

"HERE MAKE HIM DRINK THIS IT MAY STILL WORK!" She tossed the vial to her.

"Please work." She chanted those words over and over like she was chanting a spell as she opened his mouth and poured the vial in his mouth.

They both waited for a few seconds...a few minutes. Nothing.

"We were too late." The girl who was usually cheerful had now a frown plastered on her face.

"I still have so much more to repay you.." Her voice cracked. "I haven't even come so close to repaying you..."

"He's dead Melody...Karlheinz is dead." The bespectacled girl said.

"I know...I can't hear his h-hearbeat anymore, but still!" She continously wept.

"Come on. Lets make a burial for the passed king." She carried the lifeless body and walked away.

"I couldn't save him...I promised them something I couldn't keep." Her lifeless eyes stared at the back of the brown haired girl carrying his body.

The burial only had 2 people visiting. Melody and Jasmine the vampire healer. After a day passes after the death of the vampire king she stayed on the couch doing nothing. Not even eating, drinking or peeing at all.

"Melody you have to eat." Jasmine tried to spoon feed her food.

"Don't want any." Her eyes were still red from crying.

"You'll die you know."

"At least I could be with Karl-sama in heaven."

"What about the brothers? You'll leave them?"

"Brothers..? Shu-sama.." Realization hit her like a truck.

Their still alive somewhere.

"You realize this now?" Jasmine giggled at her. "The person you love is still alive."

"Your...right...heh." Tears streamed down her face as a new found of hope found it's way to her. "The people I need to protect is still alive..."

"There, there sweetie." Jasmine put the plate of food off to the side and comforted the little girl.

After she calmed down she layed on the lap of Jasmine.

"It's been 2 years huh..."

"2 years since you came here all bloddy from a fight."

"The rebels somehow found us and attacked us on the way here. I was on deaths door but you saved me. I could never thank you enough."

"No worries! Seeing such a cute little girl all wounded makes my heart break, but I never would have expected you to bring along Karlheinz."

"Yeah..."

"So your 15 years old right now am I right?"

"Yep...2 years since I last saw those trouble some brothers." She giggled at the memoried they shared.

"Would you mind staying here for 4 more years then?"

"Huh? Why?"

"I could use some help around here you know!"

"Well I guess I could, but in exchange can you train me?"

"Train you for what?"

"For fighting of course! I need to get stronger so once I come back to the brothers I can protect them. You are strong yourself Jasmine. Killing off those hordes of vampires by yourself."

"Well, what can you expect? I'm a single girl living on her own. I gotta take care of myself."

"Staying here for the past 2 years seems comfortable enough. Alright then!"

"I'm glad to have you with me!"

~