37 Despair

"Stop it! BEATRIX STOP PLEASE!" She screamed her lungs out.

"Now choose! Hina or her father?" Bodyguards held the two locked and face flat on the floor. Beatrix herself held a silver knife that could kill a vampire easily unlike other blades. "Left or right? Child? Adult? Male? Female? HURRY AND CHOOSE." She grabbed Hina by the hair and pointed the knife on her throat.

(If you know this scene comment the anime and I'll mention you on the next chapter ;) )

Her father squirmed and looked up to face her in chains. His eyes were pleading her to save his daughter, even if it meant killing himself.

"Choose!" Beatrix laughed maniacally.

If I don't choose both of them will die! If I choose to kill one the other will blame me. What do I do?!

"Why ask me?!" Her eyes streaming with tears.

She was currently tied up to a chair, unable to save them from harm. She was still weakened so she was unable to break free.

"WHY ME?!"

"Because whoever dies. It will be your fault. So choose, before I kill both of them." Beatrix threatened.

"Then...." Her eyes met the two victims.

The father looked relief and stopped struggling. He accepted his destiny.

"The...father..." She said in a quiet and unsure voice. She didn't want Hina to hear it.

"Hmmm?" Beatrix let go of Hina. "What's that?" She taunted and leaned closer to her.

"The father.." She said a little louder.

"Whattt?"

"THE FATHER!"

"The child." Beatrix smirked and stabbed Hina in the gut.

"MMMMPHHHH!!!" Hina's father had the look of fear which changed to anger. He gagged out the cloth that was preventing him from speaking. "YOU ASKED HER TO CHOOSE! SHE CHOSE ME! WHY WHY WHY!?" The guard holding him down let him go and he ran towards his bleeding daughter.

"Beatrix...YOU SAID!"

"I know what I said, but did I tell you that I would kill the one you chose? Hm?" Beatrix smirked evily.

"You....! LET ME GO!" She pulled on her restrains, so hard that her ankles and wrist started bleeding.

"Let her go after I go." Beatrix commanded.

She couldn't keep her eyes away from the dying girl. Hina was too young to die. She couldn't let her die. It was not too late to save her.

"Pa...pa..." Hina croaked out. "Am..I a...bad child?"

"No...Hina dear...no.." Her father held her closely in his arms. "You did nothing wrong." Tears were streaming down his face.

"I'll be calling Richter." Beatrix went out of the room leaving them all together.

The other body guard took off her restraints and immediately she fell forward and ran to Hina's side.

"Hina...no no no...please." She curled up in front of her. "It's my fault...If you never gotten involved with me...you would have never..." Her eyes were now pouring out all the guilt she felt.

"Sister...I'm glad...to have spent.." She coughed. "My time with you...I wanted to see the man you...love." She closed her eyes.

"HINA! HINA! NO NO NO!" Her father shook her body trying to wake her up from her eternal slumber.

She remembered. One of the weeks of the months she has been here, she talked about Shu and her brothers.

*Flashback her POV*

"Big sis?" Hina looked at my eyes.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Who were you with when you weren't here?"

Ah...the memories.

"I lived with six troublesome brothers. Well, I was adopted into the family." I feel myself giving her a sad smile.

"Adopted? What is that?"

Hina was so young she doesn't even know what adopted is. I giggled.

"It's like bringing someone into anothers family. They treat each other like what a normal family would."

"Ohh! I'm jealous. I don't know my mommy. Are they good people?" She didn't fully understand the meaning of adopted though.

"They...are very good people." I smile at her. "They provided me a family. They gave me a home. They made me feel loved. Especially one specific guy."

"You love that guy?"

"You could say that."

"Ohh! Can I meet him? I want to see what kind of guy that you like!"

"Ahahaha! If there is a chance then I will."

"Yaay!!!" She jumped on my bed a little too excited.

"Hahaha! Hina calm down!" I grab her waist and drag her down on my bed.

"Hahahaha!" She laughed and struggled as I tickled her sides. "What is his name big sister?"

"His name his Shu."

"Shu huh...what does he look like?"

"He had slightly curly hair and blue eyes. He looks really lazy. If you see him you'll know him right away."

*End of flashback*

She held the dying girl in her arms. Blood pooled down on the floor making both her father and her, red with blood.

Hina lost too much blood, but her wounds are healing in a fast pace. She got that blood from Beatrix after all.

She stared at her wounds which were slowly but surely healing. An idea popped in her mind and she knew what to do.

"Hey...mister." She said in a small voice.

"What?!" Her father glared at her with a red nose and puffy eyes. "It's all your fault that this happened to her! It's all your fault!!!"

All my fault... I've heard that somewhere....Ah...yeah...what happened to Karl-sama. What happened to my brothers. What drove Jasmine to betray me...yeah...it is all my fault.

At that moment Hina's father felt something click in Melody. He knew something in her has changed.

"Mister." She said once more, but this time there was a dangerous tone in her voice. "Get away from her. I'll save her."

She grabbed a knife from the floor, which Beatrix used and slit her wrist even more, making blood pour out of the slice.

Her father stepped back and let her save his dying daughter.

"Drink up Hina." She softly said.

She pressed her wound on Hina's lips. Hina twitched and started involuntarily sucking on her wound drawing more blood.

"Go on...don't stop until you feel satisfied." She pet her head as if petting a dog.

After a few seconds Hina's eyes shot open.

~