26 Single Intruder

After her luxurious bath, she dried her hair and went to bed beside Shu, who was snoring softly. She quietly stepped onto the bed and lied down beside him. She stares at the features of his face as if it was her last time seeing him. It was still 3 am so she decided to sleep once more.

They both wake up to the sound of glass crashing in the living room. They still had bed hair and their clothes were wrinkled, but the situation at had made them forget about it. They open the door to the living room to see the brothers in tattered clothing and cut all around their body. There was a single cloaked man once more. With those piercing gold eyes and vicious stare. His eyes seemed to be glued on to her without her knowing.

"What happened here?" Shu asked, a little urgency in his tone.

"This man...single handedly attacked us." Reiji said while holding his injured arm.

"Tch! To be injured by a mere vampire, it's revolting." Ayato growled.

"But I am just not a 'mere' vampire for your information." The golden eyed man seemed to smirk, seen from the crinkles in his eyes.

"Shut your mouth!" Subaru barked, while limping over a little.

"How could you do this to them! What do you want?" She asked in a calm voice, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of making her mad.

"I want you. The king's maid, the future queen." He pointed at her, only to receive a confused look. "Oh you don't know? Hahaha! I guess these idiotic brothers never told you did they?"

"What do you mean?" She asked, her trust in the brothers began to waver.

Shu sensed this and gripped her hand for support. She squeezed back, not breaking eye contact from the man.

"You have drank blood from the King, yes?"

"So what if I did? I cannot be queen. I am just a half vampire." She eyed the man wearily. "The king and queen must be full royal blood am I right?"

"You are correct! But, have you not noticed the changes in your body?"

"What changes?"

"Don't listen to him. He's just blabbering nonsense." Laito tried to stray away from the topic.

"Laito-sama." She said sternly. "If there is something you all are hiding I have to know. Continue." Laito was taken back at her new found attitude.

"Thank you deary." The man replied sweetly.

"Don't call me that." She hissed.

"Well as I was saying, the changes in your body such as faster healing, faster reflexes and such. Have you really not noticed these things?" He chuckled.

"I haven't changed..." She murmurs.

"You didn't change, so ju-" Kanato was cut off by the man.

"Don't you dare lie to her! You've been drinking her blood mostly everyday! That is why she cannot even defend herself against you!" The man lost his cool.

His eyes were reflecting hate, anger, annoyance and most especially hunger.

"You didn't even let her feed on blood have you?! A full blooded vampire can live on human food for weeks, but they get considerably weaker. Now look at her!"

"What are you saying?!" She shouted. "I don't understand! Tell me what you mean!"

"You still don't understand do you?" He placed the tip of his fingers on his forhead and shook his head. "What I'm saying is. The people you trust are lying to you."

"I'll shut your mouth!" Subaru charged, getting ready to punch him but he side stepped and judo flipped Subaru to the wall.

"Subaru-sama!" She shouted.

"All these people." In his fast speed he kneed Reiji on the stomache making him crumple to the ground.

"Reiji-sama!"

"Are taking your blood." He hit the back of Kanato's neck making him fall face flat on the floor also letting go of Teddy.

"Kanato-sama!"

"They weaken you, so that you can't resist them. So that they could abuse you." He grabbed ahold of his head and slammed his face on the wall making a huge crack appear.

Ayato let out painfull grunt before sliding down and passed out.

"Ayato-sama!" His words echoed in her mind, filling her with so much doubt.

"The reason you can't protect anyone is because they don't want you to be strong." He walked around the living room full of unconscious vampires. The only three left standing were all on guard. "They want to keep you in cage all locked up with no freedom. Didn't you feel that way before?"

"I...have, but I'm sure they didn't meant to make me feel that way..." She had a blank look on her face. Tears were on the brim of her eyes.

"Melody don't listen to him." Shu tightened his grip on her hand, but she shook his hand off and backed away.

"Shu-sama...please give me some space."

Those very words pierced his heart.

"That's my girl." The man smirked.

"Don't talk as if you own me." She shot him a deathly glare.

"Don't you want to be stronger? More powerful? To protect the ones you love. You need power and they are depriving you from it!"

"We are not!" Laito shouts.

"Your noisy." He man tilted his head in a very creepy manner. "Sleep for now will you?" He teleported and kicked the Laito's side making him crash into the table and breaking it.

"Laito-sama!"

"They don't want you to get stronger. You need power right?" The man taunted her. "They don't feed you and they keep drinking from you. Even outside this house they treat you like trash."

She couldn't say a thing. It's not as if he was saying the truth, but she may have interpreted the things they did for her. They meant the world to her and now she hears this from a strange man.

"If you want to get stronger then come to our side. Here we don't hinder anyone from getting stronger." He teleported once more and appeared in front of Shu. "Your an obstacle in her way." He punched his gut with much strength that he was sent flying back and crashing to the shelf.

"Shu-sama!" She snaps out of her trance and runs over to him.

Thankfully he didn't loose consciousness, but he was bleeding from his head and from his mouth. He cursed silently, knowing he might have a few broken ribs. She placed a hand at his back and on his chest.

"Your soft heart makes you weak." He forcefully grabbed her by her hair.

"Your blood is precious to all of us." He whispers in her ear making her shiver in disgust.

"Let me go." She warned him. "Who are you and what do you want with me?!"

"Not until you drink up." He slashed his own wrist making his blood drip down to the floor. "You'll know once you taste my blood."

"No way I am d-" He forced his wrist in her mouth leaving her no choice but to taste it.

"As for what I want with you? I want the throne. My rightful crown."

~